The objective of a Senior Estimator is to perform estimating, administration, coordination functions of the estimating department efficiently and profitably.
Some of the responsibilities include:
TENDER PREPARATION & SUBMISSION:
- Review tender document
- Manage Quantity take-off process & Prepare Bill of Quantities as required
- Conduct regular Site inspection
- Manage Request for quotation process from suppliers and subcontractors
- Work with Precontracts coordinator to develop and deliver high-quality submissions
- Provides training and support for junior estimators.
- Ensure up to date knowledge of market, industrial and company policy factors that affect pricing and tendering, including rates and provide feedback and improvement suggestions of Civilex IMS.
ACCURACY OF TENDER:
- Manage quantity take-off process and ensure compliance (2D & 3D)
- Development of accurate construction methodology
- Utilisation of tender checklist
- Complete price comparison sheet
- Tender vetting at completion of estimate/sanity checks
- Assess, identify, mitigate and reduce risk exposure
- Vetting of subcontractors pricing, ensuring availability of suppliers and subcontractors
- Liaise with Commercial Manager regarding Contract Risks
POST TENDER DUTIES:
- Prepare, attend and present at tender interviews
- Setup project budget and associated document to allow commencement of project
- Fill out project summary sheet/project start-up forms
- Preparation of tender handover to the construction team
- Ensure crucial information are delivered to the project team
- Assist Estimating manager in preparation of monthly reports.
- Monthly meeting with Estimating manager & director to identify department improvements.
- Assist Estimating Manager in maintaining document control procedures
To be successful in this role you must have:
- 5-10 years relevant experience in estimating or construction management
- Relevant Project experience estimating projects > $20 million dollars