Symal Infrastructure (formerly Civilex) is the Symal Group’s infrastructure division. As a self-performing contractor, our reputation for delivering quality infrastructure outcomes, across diverse sectors, lays the foundation for success.
As the HSEQ team is rapidly growing, a new and exciting role has been created in order to assist with the Hallam North Road Project. This role has been created for an individual who will support the development, maintenance and implementation of the Project’s Environmental Management Plan for all construction activities.
The objective of this role is to be a key educating resource to all Project employees on both industry best practice and legislative compliance when it comes environmental and sustainability management so as to maximise commercial returns to ensure Symal’s interests are maintained.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of the Project's environmental and sustainability management plans.
- Assist in environmental incident response and investigations to ensure additional potential risks mitigated, protect interest of
Symal and share lessons learnt
- Proactively build strong client and other stakeholder relationships that position Symal for repeat work.
- Support the Environment and Sustainability Manager to manage the relationship with the Client HSEQ team(s) whilst also providing
support, assistance and assurance.
- Support the development of Project employees and/or subcontractors and hold them accountable to meet their requirements.
To be successful for this role you must have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Earth Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Science, Environmental or Natural Resource Management
- Post-graduate qualifications in the environmental field and/or project management would be highly regarded
- ISCA Sustainability Accreditation (desirable)
- Approximately 1 - 5 years relevant Construction industry experience
- Current Victorian Drivers License
- White Card
- Cert II Erosion and sediment control (Green card or equivalent)
Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.