Symal Infrastructure (formerly Civilex) is the Symal Group’s infrastructure division. As a self-performing contractor, our reputation for delivering quality infrastructure outcomes, across diverse sectors, lays the foundation for success.
Main objective of this role is to assist the Procurement Manager in maximising procurement savings across the company whilst ensuring the procurement system is maintained to protect the Symal Group’s interests
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Maintain and update a preferred supplier / subcontract list that covers key trades that the Groups use on a regular basis.
- Assist the procurement manager to ensure programs are co-ordinated across projects for key trades by liaising with project teams and being the point of contact for all planning.
- Ensuring buying gains are maximised across key trades with the group
- Assisting with the communication of information to key project teams of any movements with suppliers or sub-contractors
- Assisting with the compiling and issuing of RFQ for tenders
- Maintain and update Tender comparison sheet by the due timeline including
- Saving quotes
- Follow phone calls
- Attending meetings
- Co-ordinate and procure key suppliers / subcontractors across the business.
- Assist the procurement manager to maintain the procurement system including all relevant compliance paperwork.
- Assist the procurement manager to ensure LOA is maintained across the business. Procurement manager to approve procurement in line with his LOA
- Establish strategy to procure each project to maximise buying gain and successful project outcome.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Have at least 5 years experience in the Construction industry
- Basic knowledge of Jobpac, preferred but not essential
Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.