Symal Infrastructure (formerly Civilex) is the Symal Group’s infrastructure division. As a self-performing contractor, our reputation for delivering quality infrastructure outcomes, across diverse sectors, lays the foundation for success.
The objective of a Site Manager is to manage all site activities to ensure projects are delivered safely, on time, and under budget. The successful incumbent will be managing the construction works for Multi-level car park projects
Responsibilities of the role include:
OHSE&Q: manage site safety and quality assurance on the project
- Identify high risk activities and work with the HSEQ Manager to develop detailed work method statements to control the risk in line with current legislations and Acts
- Ensure all project staff adheres to company OHS&E policies, site management plan, safe work method statements, relevant Acts, regulations, and industry standards
- Action safety issues within reasonable time frames
- Ensure quality control documentation ITP’s are completed for the project
- Report all incidents to the HSEQ Manager immediately
- Assist with incident investigation
- Prepare, implement, and amend safe work method statements as required
- Prepare and conduct weekly toolbox talks and daily pre-start
- Ensure ITP processes are managed and closed out on all projects to the Client’s requirements
- Ensure any design or specification changes instructed are in writing, and have been approved by the Client and / or Project Manager and then directed to site staff, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Ensure all defects and remedial works are monitored and completed in accordance with project contractual obligations.
Construction and commercial management: manage the program of the project under your supervision inclusive of the planning to deliver and resource the project as well as the management of the contractual program to achieve or better the project budget.
- Communicate effectively with management, clients, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Program multiple tasks and projects ensuring material, subcontract, and labour resources are procured
- Coordinate / facilitate and undertake site inductions, daily prestarts, and weekly toolbox talks
- Demonstrate effective forward planning and coordination of day to day site activities
- Ensure accurate quantity take-offs and ordering of materials
- Monitor plant and labour performance and make any changes as required
- Demonstrate a thorough ability to read and interpret plans and specifications
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of the Symal Infrastructure subcontractors’ and suppliers’ scope and contract conditions including but not limited to inclusions, exclusions, and program
- Ensure clear target program objectives are set for Leading hands and subcontractors and subsequently monitored against performance
- Ensure daily productivity tracking is monitored and reported to the project team and subcontractors
- Manage internal resources and supplier subcontract bookings in accordance with the three week look ahead and contract program
- Ensure detailed commercial site records are kept in accordance with Symal Infrastructure standards including but not limited to daily running sheets, day works sheets, and variation instructions
- Identify, record, and report all claimable delays under the contract and raise to the Project Manager
- Ensure the project budget is consistently monitored with the tracking of labour and materials to ensure targets are met
- Ensure Leading Hands are provided with the total man hours per task as required
Training management and leadership: it is a key requirement of the Site Manager to develop the Symal Infrastructure project team around them and hold them accountable to meet their requirements.
- Manage, train, and mentor Leading Hands and the labour force in all their responsibilities as per their position descriptions
- Give guidance to all project staff setting clear targets and objectives to meet in line with both Symal Infrastructure and the Client’s expectations
- Set clear roles and responsibilities for your project team outlining not just the deliverables but time frames and the method in which you want tasks delivered
- Undertake performance management process with site staff when required
- Undertake approved external development at least on an annual basis.
Client relationship: build strong client relationships that position Symal Infrastructure for repeat work
- Establish the Client’s key drivers and put processes in place as to how we are going to meet these expectations
- Ensure all Symal Infrastructure site staff understand the Client’s culture and values and communicate this with all levels of the project team
- Manage all communication from the field to the Client
- Understand the Client’s challenges and workshop solutions that are best for the project
- Ensure client’s expectations are met regarding the level of supervision and management required for the tasks on site
- Work with clients to maintain industrial relation requirements of the project
- Ensure attendance at all site meetings with minutes taken, recorded, and submitted
- Communicate Symal Infrastructure core values to our clients and live by them on our projects
To be successful in this role, you must have;
- 10 years relevant construction experience
- Car park delivery experience is essential
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- A demonstrated track record for delivering projects successfully, with exceptional quality
- Advocate for managing a strong and positive safety culture
- Experience developing, training and supporting a labour workforce
- Strong time management skills
The right candidate will be passionate about all things construction and delivery and will be excited by the opportunity to build on our capabilities to delivery exceptional results on a range of multi-level car park projects.
Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.