Symal is a dynamic infrastructure and construction group providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of clients across Australia. A cohesive team of specialists with unique skills and capabilities, we cover the construction spectrum – from building to civil infrastructure, concrete structures, rail, bridges, plant hire, earth works and property development. Together, we’re setting a new benchmark for collaboration, innovation, engineering and outstanding delivery for the construction industry.
The primary focus of this role will be ensuring that Symal’s blue collar workforce is utilised efficiently and that the required resources are in place and scheduled for each of our projects. You will manage and maintain our workforce talent pools whilst managing stakeholder relationships and providing effective workforce solutions to the business. Your responsibilities will include:
- Partner with the project teams to coordinate and provide support for deployment of workforce across the business
- Front line management of employees, including leave and shift coverage management
- Booking inductions and training specific to each role/site and in line with Symal requirements
- Coordinate the recruitment and sourcing of competent resources to meet workload requirements
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- Process driven with strong time management skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft suite in particular Excel
- Demonstrate ability to manage and use spreadsheets and consistency in record keeping
- Very high attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work functions
- Previous experience within labour hire/ mobilization / resource planning role
At Symal, we believe in fostering partnerships today to create a better tomorrow.
We demonstrate genuine care for each other and our environment. As a company built on family values, we respect the views and opinions of others and work hard to create a positive, inclusive, and safe environment for all our people.
Committed to building an engaged and talented workforce, staff incentives include:
- Tailored professional development opportunities for career advancement
- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of exciting and complex projects
- Annual social calendar of activities and events
- Bonus leave days including your birthday off and a wellbeing day
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentoring and leadership programs that connect you directly to Symal’s senior leaders
We’re proud to have some of the best in the game working for us, hired for their proven skills and experience. Come join us!