Symal is a dynamic infrastructure and construction group providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of clients across Australia. A cohesive team of specialists with unique skills and capabilities, we cover the construction spectrum – from building to civil infrastructure, concrete structures, rail, bridges, plant hire, earth works and property development. Together, we’re setting a new benchmark for collaboration, innovation, engineering and outstanding delivery for the construction industry.
As HSE Advisor, you will be responsible for:
- Providing HSE advice and support to the project team in Regional NSW
- Conducting HSE audits, inspections, investigations and training/awareness sessions
- Upholding and communicating HSE standards and implementing strategies to improve HSE performance
- Assisting with the implementation of the HSE Management System and maintaining HSE registers
- Liaising and providing support to the project to ensure compliance with relevant HSE laws, regulations, company policies and guidelines
- Understanding and enforcing client specific safety standards and policies
This role is a FIFO position with a 10 and 4 roster. The project is currently located within the Snowy Hydro region.
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- Previous field experience in a HSE Advisor role within the Construction industry
- Minimum Certificate in OHS or higher
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of appropriate Australian Safety legislation, standards and codes
- Demonstrated ability in advanced written and verbal communication skills
- A strong commitment to maintaining a safe working environment
At Symal, we believe in fostering partnerships today to create a better tomorrow.
We demonstrate genuine care for each other and our environment. As a company built on family values, we respect the views and opinions of others and work hard to create a positive, inclusive, and safe environment for all our people.
Committed to building an engaged and talented workforce, staff incentives include:
- Tailored professional development opportunities for career advancement
- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of exciting and complex projects
- Annual social calendar of activities and events
- Bonus leave days including your birthday off and a wellbeing day
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentoring and leadership programs that connect you directly to Symal’s senior leaders
We’re proud to have some of the best in the game working for us, hired for their proven skills and experience. Come join us!