Symal is a dynamic infrastructure and construction group providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of clients across Australia. A cohesive team of specialists with unique skills and capabilities, we cover the construction spectrum – from building to civil infrastructure, concrete structures, rail, bridges, plant hire, earthworks and property development. Together, we’re setting a new benchmark for collaboration, innovation, engineering and outstanding delivery for the construction industry.
Reporting to the Design Manager or Engineering Manager, the Design Coordinator will contribute to Symal Infrastructure’s delivery of robust and cost-effective designs for any design and construction projects while ensuring that design scope and requirements, third party approvals, budget and programme are met. Projects include large scale road, large scale rail and other significant infrastructure works. Other responsibilities include:
- Assist the Design Manager to plan and control the delivery of project design to ensure the achievement of quality, completion and profit objectives in line with Symal’s established design management methodology.
- Coordinate the interaction of project members in the design delivery process, including design, construction, planning and environmental resources.
- Assist with client and stakeholder expectations and communicate effectively with the project team.
- Manage work and performance of subcontractors with design responsibility.
- Work in conjunction with the Design Manager in the development of design budgets and schedules.
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- Bachelor degree in engineering or equivalent
- Ability to facilitate the resolution of any design issues from a technical and construction perspective.
- Ability to build and maintain productive internal and external relationships to engage consultants and stakeholders and enable the effective delivery of project design services.
- Ability to drive performance within the design process to ensure design documentation is completed on time, to a high standard and fully integrated with reviewer’s feedback.
At Symal, we believe in fostering partnerships today to create a better tomorrow.
We demonstrate genuine care for each other and our environment. As a company built on family values, we respect the views and opinions of others and work hard to create a positive, inclusive, and safe environment for all our people.
Committed to building an engaged and talented workforce, staff incentives include:
- Tailored professional development opportunities for career advancement
- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of exciting and complex projects
- Annual social calendar of activities and events
- Bonus leave days including your birthday off and a wellbeing day
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentoring and leadership programs that connect you directly to Symal’s senior leaders
We’re proud to have some of the best in the game working for us, hired for their proven skills and experience. Come join us!