Symal is a dynamic infrastructure and construction group providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of clients across Australia. A cohesive team of specialists with unique skills and capabilities, we cover the construction spectrum – from building to civil infrastructure, concrete structures, rail, bridges, plant hire, earthworks and property development. Together, we’re setting a new benchmark for collaboration, innovation, engineering and outstanding delivery for the construction industry.
As the Project Engineer, your responsibility is to manage and coordinate projects efficiently, safely, and profitably. Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating and administering construction engineering activities to ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with plans, designs and specifications
- Leading and supporting a strong safety culture
- Managing the construction program and implementing mitigating measures to keep the program on track;
- Liaising and managing client relationships
- Reporting and mitigating performance issues
- Reporting production costs daily, weekly, and monthly
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years relevant civil construction experience
- Have a sound understanding of typical construction specifications used in the Australian construction industry
- Excellent stakeholder management experience
Salary bracket: ($100k - 140k + Super + car) commensurate with experience
At Symal, we believe in fostering partnerships today to create a better tomorrow.
We demonstrate genuine care for each other and our environment. As a company built on family values, we respect the views and opinions of others and work hard to create a positive, inclusive, and safe environment for all our people.
Committed to building an engaged and talented workforce, staff incentives include:
- Tailored professional development opportunities for career advancement
- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of exciting and complex projects
- Annual social calendar of activities and events
- Bonus leave days including your birthday off and a wellbeing day
- Flexible working arrangements