Symal is a dynamic infrastructure and construction group providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of clients across Australia. A cohesive team of specialists with unique skills and capabilities, we cover the construction spectrum – from building to civil infrastructure, concrete structures, rail, bridges, plant hire, earthworks and property development. Together, we’re setting a new benchmark for collaboration, innovation, engineering and outstanding delivery for the construction industry.
This is an exciting, newly created position working in our pre-contracts team assisting with Tenders and Submissions from pre-tender through to handover to the construction teams. Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing bids and tenders for various infrastructure projects including bridges, intersections, roads and drainage etc
- Monitor current competitive prices, new techniques and cost trends
- Develop accurate estimates through first principles pricing of direct and indirect job costs
- Develop, train and identify improvements to the tendering systems, including facilitating the improvement and upskilling the team.
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil engineering, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or similar.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in construction cost planning, tendering or project delivery working on a diverse range of tenders/projects across Infrastructure.
- Multi-disciplinary estimating experience on projects in excess of $20m
At Symal, we believe in fostering partnerships today to create a better tomorrow.
We demonstrate genuine care for each other and our environment. As a company built on family values, we respect the views and opinions of others and work hard to create a positive, inclusive, and safe environment for all our people.
Committed to building an engaged and talented workforce, staff incentives include:
- Tailored professional development opportunities for career advancement
- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of exciting and complex projects
- Annual social calendar of activities and events
- Bonus leave days including your birthday off and a wellbeing day
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentoring and leadership programs that connect you directly to Symal’s senior leaders
We’re proud to have some of the best in the game working for us, hired for their proven skills and experience. Come join us!