Symal is a dynamic infrastructure and construction group providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of clients across Australia. A cohesive team of specialists with unique skills and capabilities, we cover the construction spectrum – from building to civil infrastructure, concrete structures, rail, bridges, plant hire, earthworks and property development. Together, we’re setting a new benchmark for collaboration, innovation, engineering and outstanding delivery for the construction industry.
- Compile and prepare first principles, resource-based cost estimates with fully resourced programs using company-supported estimating programs.
- Read and understand private and government specifications, drawings and designs.
- Use value engineering principles and innovation to optimize bids
- Participate in pre-contract negotiations and tender reviews with senior management
- Reviewing documents, undertaking site investigations and understanding customer needs
- Working with clients, engineers and project managers to develop programs and scopes of work
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- Circa 5+ years experience successfully estimating on civil engineering projects
- Relevant experience in estimating projects greater than $10 million
- Ability to estimate from First Principles
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail.
At Symal, we believe in fostering partnerships today to create a better tomorrow.
We demonstrate genuine care for each other and our environment. As a company built on family values, we respect the views and opinions of others and work hard to create a positive, inclusive, and safe environment for all our people.
Committed to building an engaged and talented workforce, staff incentives include:
- Tailored professional development opportunities for career advancement
- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of exciting and complex projects
- Annual social calendar of activities and events
- Bonus leave days including your birthday off and a wellbeing day
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentoring and leadership programs that connect you directly to Symal’s senior leaders
We’re proud to have some of the best in the game working for us, hired for their proven skills and experience. Come join us!