Symal is a dynamic infrastructure and construction group providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of clients across Australia. A cohesive team of specialists with unique skills and capabilities, we cover the construction spectrum – from building to civil infrastructure, concrete structures, rail, bridges, plant hire, earthworks and property development. Together, we’re setting a new benchmark for collaboration, innovation, engineering and outstanding delivery for the construction industry.
The objective of an Apprentice Carpenter is to carry out carpentry and general construction duties safely and efficiently and profitable using the required tools, systems and assets.
You will receive training and development to undertake the following tasks: (not limited to)
- Liaise, organise and use tools, machinery and equipment trained or qualified to use.
- Assist in delegating and organising formwork and materials required for the task at hand
- Carry out work as directed, safely and to specified quality requirements explained to them by their supervisor.
- To be able to use power tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Forming of the following but not limited to edge formwork, set downs, hobs, nibs, plinths, bunds, insitu walls, columns, corbels, suspended slabs, bondek slabs and stairs in professional and efficient manner.
- Set out and installation of precast panels
- Checking of all formwork to ensure its adequate prior and during concrete pours
- Communicate project issues and progress with supervisor.
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- Must be undertaking a Carpentry Apprenticeship (1st year)
- Current Drivers Licence and reliable vehicle
- Motivated proactive and eager to learn
- Have a Construction white card
At Symal, we believe in fostering partnerships today to create a better tomorrow.
We demonstrate genuine care for each other and our environment. As a company built on family values, we respect the views and opinions of others and work hard to create a positive, inclusive, and safe environment for all our people.
Committed to building an engaged and talented workforce, staff incentives include:
- Tailored professional development opportunities for career advancement
- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of exciting and complex projects
- Annual social calendar of activities and events
- Bonus leave days including your birthday off and a wellbeing day
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentoring and leadership programs that connect you directly to Symal’s senior leaders
We’re proud to have some of the best in the game working for us, hired for their proven skills and experience. Come join us!