Symal is a dynamic infrastructure and construction group providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of clients across Australia. A cohesive team of specialists with unique skills and capabilities, we cover the construction spectrum – from building to civil infrastructure, concrete structures, rail, bridges, plant hire, earthworks and property development. Together, we’re setting a new benchmark for collaboration, innovation, engineering and outstanding delivery for the construction industry.
The role of Formwork Carpenter will be responsible for carrying out work as directed by the Leading Hand or Foreman, safely and to specified quality requirements explained to them by their supervisor.
Some other responsibilities of the role include and are not limited to:
- Be able to read basic construction plans.
- Handle power tools in a safe and efficient manner
- Assist in survey set outs
- To be able to use lasers and complete survey set outs
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- Strong and enthusiastic work ethic
- Have an advanced knowledge of formwork carpentry
- Construction white card
At Symal, we believe in fostering partnerships today to create a better tomorrow.
We demonstrate genuine care for each other and our environment. As a company built on family values, we respect the views and opinions of others and work hard to create a positive, inclusive, and safe environment for all our people.
Committed to building an engaged and talented workforce, staff incentives include:
- Tailored professional development opportunities for career advancement
- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of exciting and complex projects
- Annual social calendar of activities and events
- Bonus leave days including your birthday off and a wellbeing day
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentoring and leadership programs that connect you directly to Symal’s senior leaders
We’re proud to have some of the best in the game working for us, hired for their proven skills and experience. Come join us!