Symal is a dynamic infrastructure and construction group providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of clients across Australia. A cohesive team of specialists with unique skills and capabilities, we cover the construction spectrum – from building to civil infrastructure, concrete structures, rail, bridges, plant hire, earthworks and property development. Together, we’re setting a new benchmark for collaboration, innovation, engineering and outstanding delivery for the construction industry.
As the HSEQ Manager, you will be a key advisory resource to the company on both industry best practice and legislative requirements in this field. Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and promoting a culture of working safely and setting a positive example for all other personnel
- Ensuring compliance with all local statutory requirements for Health & Safety
- Report, investigate and implement corrective and/or preventive actions resulting from identification of hazards, near miss incidents and work-related illness/injury.
- Ensuring regular construction activity inspections and/or audits are completed, including sub-contractors
- Ensuring that all personnel are inducted and trained in their roles and responsibilities and are competent to perform the duties allocated to them
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- Demonstrated experience of safety culture management within the construction sector
- Superior stakeholder management and relationship skills with both internal and external business partners.
- Innovative and practical leadership, change agent and a supportive coach.
- Proficient in the use of data management systems.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of data analysis, trending and business intelligence reporting.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
At Symal, we believe in fostering partnerships today to create a better tomorrow.
We demonstrate genuine care for each other and our environment. As a company built on family values, we respect the views and opinions of others and work hard to create a positive, inclusive, and safe environment for all our people.
Committed to building an engaged and talented workforce, staff incentives include:
- Tailored professional development opportunities for career advancement
- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of exciting and complex projects
- Annual social calendar of activities and events
- Bonus leave days including your birthday off and a wellbeing day
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentoring and leadership programs that connect you directly to Symal’s senior leaders
We’re proud to have some of the best in the game working for us, hired for their proven skills and experience. Come join us!