Symal is a dynamic infrastructure and construction group providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of clients across Australia. A cohesive team of specialists with unique skills and capabilities, we cover the construction spectrum – from building to civil infrastructure, concrete structures, rail, bridges, plant hire, earthworks and property development. Together, we’re setting a new benchmark for collaboration, innovation, engineering and outstanding delivery for the construction industry.
As the Senior Contract Administrator, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting project management teams with forecasting costs and reporting
- Provide ongoing commercial and contractual support for the project teams on a day to day basis
- Preparation/ negotiation/ letting of subcontract packages, and procurement scheduling
- Negotiations, monitor, review, analyse and prepare subcontractor and supplier contracts, variations and contract notices and update existing contracts
- Identifications areas of risk, exposure and opportunity and reporting
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Construction Management, Engineering, QS, Project Management)
- Extensive experience in a similar commercial role
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Sound working knowledge of project administration and project control applications
- Outstanding ability to engage relationships with subcontractors, suppliers and internal stakeholders to build mutually beneficial relationships
- Positive negotiation, conflict and influencing skills
At Symal, we believe in fostering partnerships today to create a better tomorrow.
We demonstrate genuine care for each other and our environment. As a company built on family values, we respect the views and opinions of others and work hard to create a positive, inclusive, and safe environment for all our people.
Committed to building an engaged and talented workforce, staff incentives include:
- Tailored professional development opportunities for career advancement
- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of exciting and complex projects
- Annual social calendar of activities and events
- Bonus leave days including your birthday off and a wellbeing day
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentoring and leadership programs that connect you directly to Symal’s senior leaders
We’re proud to have some of the best in the game working for us, hired for their proven skills and experience. Come join us!