Symal “meaning together” is a dynamic infrastructure and construction group providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of clients across Australia. We are a cohesive team of specialists with unique skills and capabilities, we cover the construction spectrum – from building to civil infrastructure, concrete structures, rail, bridges, plant hire, earthworks and property development. Together, we’re setting a new benchmark for collaboration, innovation, engineering and outstanding delivery for the construction industry. We are driving change together.
As Quality Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the promotion of a proactive approach to the management of quality to enhance contract deliverables and compliance outcomes
- Lead, Identify, manage, monitor and report on quality objectives, requirements, risks and other issues that may adversely impact the successful delivery of the project
- Provide effective guidance and support to the project management team and project staff to develop and maintain a quality culture that drives business improvement
- Advise and guide project teams on the implementation of Project Plans, Quality Management Systems and compliance with the contract requirements, relevant legislation, standards and codes of practice
- Implement systems that support the achievement of policies, objectives and targets for quality and contract compliance on the projects.
- Plan, lead, undertake and coordinate internal and external audits including consultants, subcontractors and suppliers for compliance with the Project's quality and contractual requirements
- Promote the Symal Quality Management System and train staff in its content within the projects
- Maintain up to date knowledge of internal and external standards and other business practice improvements
- Liaise with stakeholders on inspection and compliance issues to ensure contract requirements are achieved
- Review project construction method statements, inspection and test plans and checklists against
- Ensure the project's system/quality training activities are planned to meet current and future organisation and employee needs
- Collate project quality statistics, monitor, assess and review quality performance indicators and coordinate and participate in external audits and review
- Drive commitment to quality within project teams and promote a positive quality culture
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- Extensive operational experience in the application of quality management principles within a construction/engineering environment
- Ability to influence others in order to gain their commitment to successfully collaborate to a course of action
- A strong client focus and excellent relationship management skills, with the ability to negotiate and influence
- Excellent interpersonal, technical written and verbal communication skills accompanied by competent presentation skills
- Tertiary qualified in a relevant discipline (preferably engineering) and certified Lead Auditor
- Advanced Knowledge of VicRoads Projects Quality requirement
- Advanced Knowledge of typical quality management software including TeamBinder
- The ability to evaluate information quickly, identifying key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgement, experience and common sense.
- Persistence to follow through tasks to completion
At Symal, we believe in fostering partnerships today to create a better tomorrow.
We demonstrate genuine care for each other and our environment. As a company built on family values, we respect the views and opinions of others and work hard to create a positive, inclusive, and safe environment for all our people.
Committed to building an engaged and talented workforce, staff incentives include:
- Tailored professional development opportunities for career advancement
- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of exciting and complex projects
- Annual social calendar of activities and events
- Bonus leave days including your birthday off and a wellbeing day
- Flexible working arrangements
We’re proud to have some of the best in the game working for us.