We are Symal
Symal ‘meaning together’ is a dynamic infrastructure and construction group providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of clients across Australia. We’ve always been a construction company determined to make a meaningful difference and we’re proud to have some of the best in the game working with us. We’re known as a young and ambitious group filled with energy, momentum, and innovation to drive change with bold thinking making us leaders in the building and construction industry. We cover the construction spectrum – from building to civil infrastructure, concrete structures, rail, bridges, plant hire, earthworks and property development.
Together, we’re setting a new benchmark for collaboration, innovation, engineering and outstanding delivery for the construction industry. We are driving change together.
Reporting to the General Manager, Infrastructure, you will provide leadership to the group to strengthen its core values, cultivate strong relationships with stakeholders and drive quality; in turn delivering profitable growth.
As Construction Manager, you will:
- Support the delivery of the portfolio of projects, ensuring delivery is on or ahead of time with all client expectations met.
- Assist leadership with detailed financial and earned value reviews of projects identifying issues and opportunities and ensuring tendered expectations are met.
- Develop and maintain strategic business relationships with key clients and industry partners that result in viable projects and prospects
- Provide operational support to bid teams to assist in the conversion of new opportunities and to ensure construction methodologies are optimal in terms of safety, time, cost, quality and deliverability.
- Profit & loss management for the business
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent (preferred)
- A minimum 8 years relevant construction experience
- Have a sound understanding of typical construction specifications used in the construction industry
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Demonstrated experience delivering civil infrastructure projects
- Ability to mentor, train and support Engineers and supervisors
We demonstrate genuine care for each other and our environment. As a company built on family values, we respect the views and opinions of others and work hard to create a positive, inclusive, and safe environment for all our people
At Symal, we believe in fostering partnerships today to create a better tomorrow. For our people, that means creating a culture of opportunity, enterprise, inclusion, and equality where we celebrate, nurture, and educate.
Committed to building an engaged and talented workforce, staff incentives include:
- Tailored professional development opportunities for career advancement
- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of exciting and complex projects
- Annual social calendar of activities and events
- Bonus leave days including your birthday off and a wellbeing day
- Flexible working arrangements
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.