We are Symal
Symal is a dynamic infrastructure and construction group providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of clients across Australia. We’ve always been a construction company determined to make a meaningful difference and we’re proud to have some of the best in the game working with us. We’re known as a young and ambitious group filled with energy, momentum, and innovation to drive change with bold thinking making us leaders in the building and construction industry. We cover the construction spectrum – from building to civil infrastructure, concrete structures, rail, bridges, plant hire, earthworks and property development.
Together, we’re setting a new benchmark for collaboration, innovation, engineering and outstanding delivery for the construction industry. We are driving change together.
The role of Superintendent will involve overall coordination and leadership of site based operations.
- Managing and coordination supervisory personnel across the program of works worth $50mil+
- Collaborating with project engineers/managers and other project stakeholders
- Planning, calculating and monitoring daily cost of resources
- Working to budgets and program timelines
- Leading a culture of safety and productivity across multiple projects
- Leading people and processes
- Proven commitment to leading safety, quality and environmental compliance on site
- Strong people management skills, the ability to develop effective teams
- Experience as a Superintendent working on M&E and/or civil projects
- Good on-site problem solving expertise
- A sound understanding of industrial construction methodologies and standards
- Strong management capabilities with the ability to lead from the front (both subcontractors and self-perform staff)
We demonstrate genuine care for each other and our environment. As a company built on family values, we respect the views and opinions of others and work hard to create a positive, inclusive, and safe environment for all our people
At Symal, we believe in fostering partnerships today to create a better tomorrow. For our people, that means creating a culture of opportunity, enterprise, inclusion, and equality where we celebrate, nurture, and educate.
Committed to building an engaged and talented workforce, staff incentives include:
- Tailored professional development opportunities for career advancement
- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of exciting and complex projects
- Annual social calendar of activities and events
- Bonus leave days including your birthday off and a wellbeing days
- Flexible working arrangements
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.