The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global centre for business, innovation, and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
About Business Environment Division
The Business Environment (BE) Division plays an instrumental role in supporting EDB’s role in planning and executing policies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global centre for business, innovation and talent.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to engage with the business community, and work with various government agencies and internal divisions to develop incentive products, policy governance and competitiveness monitoring, and business process re-engineering and systems development.
In this role, your responsibilities will include the following aspects:
1. Incentive product development & administration
• Review, enhance and manage a suite of incentive products to ensure governance and competitiveness
• Provide advice and work with internal stakeholders to co-solution incentive approach for their projects
2. Policy governance & competitiveness monitoring
• Oversee internal budget allocations for economic development initiatives
• Well-verse with international developments that impact Singapore’s economic competitiveness, primarily but not limited to, developments in various incentives/measures to encourage investments and/or trade
• Assess and develop perspectives on the impact of such developments and their relevance to Singapore, as well as formulate recommended steps and responses for management and ministry stakeholders
3. Business process re-engineering & IT systems development
• Drive enhancements to business processes pertaining to the usage of incentive products
• Develop recommended solutions to streamline and improve processes
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders (e.g. IT, Finance, business users) to ensure successful implementation of such initiatives
To meet the challenges of this role, you should have/be:
• 1-3 years of working experience, preferably in any of the areas mentioned above though experience in other areas can be considered as well
• Keen interest in current affairs, especially on global developments on trade and tax issues
• Possess a driven, self-motivated and positive attitude, excellent work ethic and is a team player
• Demonstrated aptitude towards policy design and system thinking, and strong analytical thinking to deal with complex problems
• Open-minded to opportunities to work across any combination of the areas mentioned above
• Strong project management and leadership skills with the ability to lead cross-functional teams and multiple workstreams, and deliver outcomes effectively and efficiently
• Demonstrated ability to engage and work with multiple stakeholders
• Excellent written and communication skills
We review applications on a rolling basis. Applicants can expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date.