The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global centre for business, innovation, and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
About Singapore Global Network
The Singapore Global Network (SGN) is a division in the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB) tasked to re-energise our efforts towards building a strong and extensive ecosystem of overseas Family, Friends, and Fans for Singapore.
SGN leads the Whole-Of-Government effort to coordinate across agencies and strengthen our collective networks whose skills, affinity and influence could help build linkages to global business and talent communities, and enhance the international mindshare of Singapore as a leading globally-connected city.
This role works closely within SGN’s digital products team to develop, deliver and maintain a digital platform for connections between and within Singapore’s global business and talent communities. There is also opportunity to work on other digital products within the wider EDB organisation.
We are looking for a Technical Lead with strong technical experience and background to lead the development and management of SGN’s digital infrastructure, which is primarily built off a SaaS-based tech stack. You will be responsible for advising and managing an agile team on the design, implementation, testing and deployment of end-to-end software solutions, using modern software development practices such as agile and devops methodologies.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a start-up environment with a pioneering team, building up the digital platform and infrastructure to serve a large-scale network all around the world.
The responsibilities include:
- Lead the software engineering efforts by driving architecture selection, software design, execution and operations to meet both technical and business needs.
- Communicate effectively with development team, internal and external stakeholders
- Overseeing the quality of releases, debugging and fixing of issues, responsiveness and security of applications in use, and identification of bottlenecks to the development and delivery of technical solutions
- Ensure compliance of digital infrastructure with government and IT policies
- Be familiar and up-to-date on government and IT policies to identify gaps within supported systems
- Review code scan reports regularly to identify flaws and vulnerabilities to be addressed
- Work closely with application development and security teams to roll out measures to address gaps and vulnerabilities within a stipulated time frame
- Work closely with vendors to arrange for System Security Acceptance Tests and ensure remediation or mitigation actions are implemented
- Prepare necessary documents eg risk assessments and policy deviation memos for approval
- Implement DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Development strategies to improve velocity and quality of development and operations teams
- Advise on development trends in web applications and programming languages to identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on project goals
Resourcefulness, integrity, initiative, and a good team player are must-haves. To meet the challenges of this position, the candidate should have:
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Business Information Systems (IS), Computer Science or related field in a reputed institution
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in professional enterprise software development developing and delivering modern web applications
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience leading software teams utilising the Agile software development methodology
- Knowledge of Software Engineering best practices, software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience in leveraging on Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools to enable rapid delivery of value such as scripts for automated testing tools, scripts for configuration management
- Proficiency in:
- Relational and non-relational databases, such as MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB etc
- Front-end frameworks such as React, Node.js, or Angular 2
- Deploying and maintaining content management systems and web applications in the cloud
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to partner and work effectively across teams and with business stakeholders
- Good communication skills, ability to articulate technology concepts, participate in discussions on requirements with stakeholders
- Proactive and self-motivated with the willingness to learn and has the ability to focus on priorities to deliver in a fast paced environment
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
We review applications and interview on a rolling basis. Applicants can expect an application outcome within 8 weeks of application