The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global centre for business, innovation, and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
About Consumer Division
With the rising affluence of Asia’s middle-class consumers and increased digital penetration, Singapore’s consumer industry is experiencing significant growth. Consumer Packaged Goods, Sports, Luxury and Fashion companies are making investments in Singapore to capture this opportunity. As part of EDB’s effort to grow the consumer industry, we are looking to hire experienced professionals to develop Singapore as the leading hub in Asia for growing global Consumer brands.
You will manage a portfolio of corporate clients and develop industry-relevant initiatives to anchor foreign direct investment in Singapore. You will report to the Vice President, Consumer. In this role, responsibilities will include:
•Serve as the main EDB contact person to a portfolio of corporate clients and oversee the end-to-end process of account management
•Develop deep understanding of clients, their needs, operations, and structure to develop and refresh client engagement strategies. Cultivate strategic relationships and build trust to ensure good client experience with EDB
•Build sound understanding of regional and global industry and business trends, industry synergies, EDB and whole-of government value propositions, to create project opportunities and value add to client relationships
•Pitch, negotiate, and structure project opportunities to secure “win-win” outcomes for clients and Singapore
•Develop solutions to address clients’ pre- and post-sales requests or challenges.
•Collaborate within EDB (e.g. Policy, Finance and Legal) and with Government stakeholders to execute account priorities
• Lead and undertake ad-hoc competitive analysis to augment client engagement strategies
• Identify industry trends and gaps, and develop solutions or value propositions to secure investments in Singapore
• Collaborate with appropriate teams in EDB and/or rest of Singapore government to provide input on policies or product/ service development (e.g. incentive design, resource negotiation)
• 5-9 years of experience in a relevant industry and/or business development, and possess relevant networks
• Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
• Knowledge and interest in the Consumer sector, insightful about industry nuances
• Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills; able to analyse complex issues and propose actionable solutions
• Demonstrate keen sense of business acumen and experience in negotiation, structuring deals, and project management
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken; including experience in engaging and managing internal and external stakeholders across all levels of seniority
•Possess a driven and positive attitude, excellent work ethic; able to work independently and in a team
We review applications and interview on a rolling basis. Applicants can expect an application outcome within 8 weeks from application date.