The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global centre for business, innovation, and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
About the Resource Development Division
The Resource Development Division (RDD) works as a team with internal stakeholders (e.g. Accounts Group) and external stakeholders (e.g. private companies and other government agencies) to develop policies and products that promote competitive and sustainable use of key resources for industrial activities in Singapore. This will be in domains such as land, electricity, water, environment and greenhouse gas emissions.
The division is responsible for developing policies and frameworks that optimise use of Singapore’s resources, managing resource trade-offs across industry sub-sectors, galvanizing climate action within the industry, and long-term resource planning for industry. In the course of your work, you will have the opportunity to understand the resource needs of industry and to develop the appropriate solutions to ensure its long-term competitiveness. You will also be able to cultivate and maintain close ties with decision makers and influencers in government, and to engage companies and private sector solutions providers to promote resource efficiency and emissions reduction projects.
The responsibilities may include the following:
• Conduct quantitative and qualitative research, perform data analysis and provide recommendations to guide planning and policy decisions for Singapore’s resources
• Prepare comprehensive and succinct policy papers and presentations to management and government stakeholders
• Develop, manage and review resource efficiency incentives to support business needs and Singapore’s resource policies
• Prepare communication lines to businesses on Singapore’s resource policies
• Engage companies to implement resource efficiency and emissions reduction projects
• Engage industrial real estate developers and/or energy technology & services companies to identify solutions for businesses
To meet the challenges of the role, you will have to:
• Have a keen interest in data-driven policy formulation, with the willingness to be hands-on to implement policy changes and projects
• Understand, assess and develop the right solutions that meet both companies’ needs and Singapore’s interests
• Engage and co-create solutions with companies in the manufacturing and exportable services sectors, industrial real estate developers and/or energy technology & services providers in both 1-1 and 1-to-many settings
• Degree in Economics, Science, Engineering or other relevant disciplines
• At least 2 years of experience in a similar or relevant role
• An interest in data-driven policy development, with the willingness to be hands-on to implement policy changes
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and present to a non-technical audience
• Strong analytical skills and an ability to synthesize information, analyze feasibility of options, and provide recommendations through creative and logical thinking
• Good stakeholder management and client engagement skills to effectively work with internal and external stakeholders
• A good team player who is well organised, patient and persistent, and willing to consider new ideas
• Self-motivated and positive attitude, with excellent work ethic
We assess applications on a rolling basis and applicants may expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date.