Job no: 493666
Work type: Full time
Location: Northern Suburbs
Categories: Property & Projects
Amana Living is one of Western Australia's largest not-for-profit providers of transition, aged and community care. We are proud of our reputation as a trusted, multi-award-winning provider, driven by a firm belief that the second half of life is for living. We offer a broad range of services, including residential care facilities, transition care programs, retirement living villages, home care, day care, respite, and dementia specific services.
ABOUT THE ROLE
A permanent, full-time opportunity exists within Amana Living for an experienced Gardener to join our team. As a Gardener, you will be responsible for maintaining the gardens and landscape at Amana Living’s sites throughout the metropolitan area. All gardens need to be upkept and maintained for both visual appeal and safety purposes.
The successful candidate will be required to work Monday to Friday, with standard working hours being 7:00am - 3:06pm.
- Following the garden maintenance schedule set out by the Operational Maintenance Manager and Head Gardener
- Checking the resident request books on each visit and attending to any outstanding tasks and requests
- Gardening duties, which include pruning, weeding, mulching, digging, raking, sweeping, shovelling, mowing, and using power tools
- Regularly checking and carrying out repairs to the reticulation and paving as required
- Helping with any manual moving when requested
- Clearing, loading and disposal of garden refuse
- Ensuring the gardening equipment is maintained and is regularly sent to our nominated service contractor for servicing
- Attending team meetings and training and development sessions as required
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience working in a similar role for a minimum of 2 years. You will have the ability to work independently and have strong organisational and time management skills.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Valid Police Clearance less than 6 months old
- Successful completion of a pre-employment health form, physical assessment and reference checks
- Current C class driver's licence
- Current First Aid certificate (desirable)
- Qualification in Horticultural studies (desirable)
WHAT'S ON OFFER?
Working for Amana Living not only offers you a fulfilling career, we also offer industry leading pay rates and a range of other benefits;
- Employment with a leading aged care provider in a growing sector
- Attractive rates of pay
- The ability to salary package $15,900 pa
- Opportunity to study nationally accredited courses in Aged Care
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply now and ensure your resume is included in your application. If you have any queries, please contact the Amana Living Recruitment Team on 08 9424 6822.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend