Hospitality Services - Salter Point
Job no: 493719
Work type: Part time
Location: Southern Suburbs
Amana Living is one of Western Australia's largest not-for-profit providers of care, accommodation and support for older people. We are proud of our reputation as a trusted, multi-award-winning provider, driven by a firm belief that the second half of life is for living. We offer a broad range of services, including residential care facilities, transition care programs, retirement living villages, home care, day care, respite, and dementia specific services.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Permanent, part-time opportunity available for a dedicated and passionate candidate with extensive kitchen experience working within an aged care or hospital environment. This position is based at our 100-bed residential care facility in Salter Point – Peter Arney Home.
The successful candidate must be able to commit to all shifts outlined below (shifts total 17.5 hours per fortnight).
Key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and serve meals to residents and provide assistance in the kitchen
- Prepare and clean the dining area prior to and after meal services
- Cleaning of the kitchen and kitchen utensils (dishes, cutlery etc.)
- Working as part of a team to ensure all tasks are completed each shift
- Building rapport and liaising with residents and their families
- Minimum of 12 months’ experience working in a kitchen hand role in an aged care or hospital environment
- Experience working with people with Dementia (desirable)
- Competent time management skills and ability to work in line with routines and schedules
- Ability to provide a National Police Clearance less than 6 months old, or a receipt at interview stage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to pass a pre-employment physical assessment and reference checks
WHAT'S ON OFFER?
Working for Amana Living not only offers you a fulfilling career, we also offer a range of other benefits;
- Industry-leading pay rates
- The ability to salary package $15,900 pa
- Onsite parking
- Discounted private health insurance with HBF or Medibank
- Access to our wellness program
If you would like to be considered, please apply now and ensure your resume is included in your application. If you have any queries, please contact the Amana Living Recruitment Team on 08 9424 6822.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend