GRADUATE PROGRAM FOR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS
Job no: 493743
Work type: Casual / Temp, Contract, Fixed Term Contract, Full time, Part time
Location: Perth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs, Southern Suburbs, Northern Suburbs, Eastern Suburbs, Lesmurdie, Roleystone
Categories: Clinical Lead, Registered Nurse, Allied Health, Home and Community Care, Carer, Enrolled Nurse, Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapy, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapy, Physical Therapy Assistant, Clinical Lead, Enrichment
Amana Living is one of Western Australia's largest Aged Care not-for-profit providers of residential, transition, community care. We are proud of our reputation as a trusted, multi-award-winning provider, driven by a firm belief that the second half of life is for living. We offer a broad range of services, including residential care facilities, transition care programs, retirement living villages, home care, day care, respite, and dementia-specific services.
Graduate Program Overview
As a newly registered graduate of a health-related discipline, you will participate in a 12-month program consisting of clinical practice in an Aged Care Environment, supported by an experienced Graduate Mentor and on-site graduate buddies. On the job training and coaching will be provided to assist you in developing the clinical and management skills needed to advance your career as a newly graduated health professional.
This bespoke program will include face to face aged care specific education designed to provide graduates with the skills to meet the clinical health needs of our clients and residents whilst working in a dynamic aged care environment. Outcomes will be focused on:
- Clinical Leadership
- Critical thinking and decision making
- Supporting diversity and well being in the older adult
- Contemporary clinical care needs of the ageing
- Technology in clinical care
- Evidence based practice and consumer centred clinical care
- Clinical Governance, Aged Care standards and Accreditation
New graduates will experience a comprehensive rotation schedule within the residential care, home care and corporate office environment that will provide maximum exposure to the diverse facets of our Aged Care organisation and a wide variety of learning opportunities in providing support for residents and clients with chronic and complex needs.
The program will commence in February 2020
To be eligible to undertake the program:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Science (Nursing, or Allied Health specialty) or Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled)
- Eligibility for registration with Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency (AHPRA)
- Registered less than 3 years
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Demonstrated commitment to a career in aged care and commitment to a person-centered, evidence-based approach to clinical care
- Demonstrated high-level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to further develop knowledge and expertise in aged care
- Demonstrated alignment with Amana Livings values
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
Benefits of the program include:
- A bespoke and highly targeted 12-month full-time New Graduate Program
- A rewarding career with Amana Living with diverse development pathways
- Recognition of prior Learning for a Graduate certificate in care of the Ageing qualification
Contracts of employment will be offered as Fixed Term Contracts for a period of 12 months, 60 hours/ fortnight.
Candidates need to be comfortable with regular rotations between our residential care sites across Perth, a variety of shifts, and able to participate in learning activities as required.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria, and outlining your eligibility, suitability, and interest in this program.
Applications will close on the 12th of December 2019, with interviews commencing immediately.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend