Job no: 493761
Work type: Full time
Location: Perth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs, Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Property & Projects
Amana Living is one of Western Australia's largest not-for-profit providers of care, accommodation and support for older people, managing a complex and diverse portfolio in a dynamic and challenging market.
A newly created opportunity is now available for an experienced Development Manager to join our corporate team in Subiaco. The primary responsibility of this role is the delivery of large-scale development projects through demonstrated experience in the complete development cycle. You will manage allocated property development projects from conception to completion, as well as two current projects that are planned to be delivered in 2020, to meet strategic and corporate targets with respect to programme, financial and agreed quality standards.
In conjunction with the General Manager Property & Services, the Development Manager will lead the Projects Team to develop Amana Living’s property assets to their highest and best use, utilising sound commercial strategies which maximise the potential income from property asset developments.
About the role
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Oversight of the delivery of current planned projects through construction to operational handover
- Manage and oversee the complete life cycle of large-scale development projects, including land transactions and settlements, regulatory approvals, project funding, design development, marketing, construction, project completion and handover and customer service
- Ensure compliance with Amana Living policies and procedures and relevant legislative requirements
- Provide effective leadership and management of a team of direct reports and consultants
- Maintain a safe working environment, adhering to legislative requirements and ensuring any issues are documented and escalated accordingly
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Amana Living services
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Property, Commerce, Planning, Engineering, Project Management or related discipline
- Minimum 7 years’ experience managing large built form developments, preferably in the aged care industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of building and land development processes and authorities, as well as key legislation relating to development projects and project management practices
- Experience at a senior level in property/land development or building industries with relevant experience in contract administration and preparation of site feasibility studies
- Demonstrated ability to lead, supervise and develop a team of professionals
- Ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer literacy skills, including experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Powerpoint and relevant project management software
- Current driver’s licence
- Possess a National Police Clearance Certificate (no older than 6 months) or be willing to obtain one
What’s on offer?
Working for Amana Living offers you a fulfilling career with the opportunity to have a meaningful impact on the community we serve, while advancing your professional development in a high performing team. We also offer a range of benefits, including competitive salaries with the ability to salary package and discounted private health insurance.
If you feel you are who we are looking for, please apply now with a covering letter and resume.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend