NORTH and SOUTH OF THE RIVER Home Help | CASUAL & PERM PART TIME OPPORTUNITIES
Job no: 493909
Work type: Casual / Temp, Part time
Location: Perth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs, Southern Suburbs, Northern Suburbs, Eastern Suburbs, Lesmurdie, Roleystone
Categories: Community Support Worker
For over 50 years we have been quietly providing support to older members of our community. Today we're one of WA's largest non-profit care providers in 21 locations state-wide.
WHAT'S ON OFFER?
- Travel allowance of $0.68 cents per kilometre paid for travel between clients, as well as travelling time between clients
- Smart phone provided to perform your work
- Industry leading pay rates
- Award winning not-for-profit Employer of Choice
- Opportunities to study nationally accredited courses
- School holidays child care assistance
- The ability to salary package up to $15,900 pa
- Discounted private health insurance with HBF and Medibank Private
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Community Support Workers have the rewarding role of caring for people in their homes.
Your day-to-day workload will be varied, from providing personal care (showering, dressing), meal preparation and domestic duties, to social support, shopping assistance, pet care and transport. Additional responsibilities can include fitting and removal of pressure stockings, mobility, respite and assisting with medication. Those that have a passion for helping people will thrive in this role.
We are seeking applicants with availability across Monday to Sunday between the hours of 7am and 8pm.
Applicants will need to demonstrate flexibility and commitment to shifts on offer to ensure continuity of services to our clients.
Your genuine passion for helping others and making a difference to our client's quality of life will be evident in everything you do, as will your ability to empathise and put yourself in their shoes. You are often praised for your compassionate nature and approachability. You have the ability to easily establish and build rapport with people, in addition to being a naturally caring and positive individual. You are an enthusiastic, reliable worker who enjoys being a team player, yet can work autonomously.
In addition you will have
- Minimum of a Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community) or Disability
- Valid National Police Clearance less than 6 months old (or provide a receipt at interview stage)
- Current driver's licence (with no restrictions)
- Access to a reliable registered motor vehicle with a minimum of third party insurance
- Successfully complete a pre-employment physical assessment and reference checks
- Available to attend a compulsory 2-week induction
Please note that if you are unable to attend to pet care as required, we recommend that you apply for residential Carer roles, rather than the Community Support Worker role as this is a requirement of the position.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
To ensure the safety of our clients, applicants and employees in these challenging times, we are reducing the requirement for face to face interview attendance. Our recruitment process will include a video interview and questionnaire that will be sent to shortlisted candidates followed by a pre employment physical assessment.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like you, please use the 'Apply Now' button to submit your application, ensuring your current resume is included.
Take your career forward with us at Amana Living today!
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend