Clinical Nurse - Diabetes
Job no: 492665
Work type: Part time temp
Location: Greenslopes Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
About the company
Greenslopes Private Hospital is renowned as a world class, tertiary medical facility and is the leading private teaching hospital in the country. Greenslopes Private Hospital offers health care professionals a unique opportunity to experience the private health care system in an innovative and supportive teaching environment.
If you’d like to be part of our respected team where you’ll be acknowledged as a vital and valued member then read on.
About the role
We’re seeking an experienced and professional Diabetes Clinical Nurse to join our dynamic and innovative team. Reporting to the Clinical Education Coordinator, the successful candidate will be part of a dynamic and friendly team responsible for:
- Providing individualised diabetes education to hospital in-patients with diabetes (Type 1, Type 2, Drug-induced, Surgically-induced), both long standing and newly diagnosed;
- Initiation of insulin therapy; commencement of blood glucose monitoring and review of self-management skills are among the day to day tasks;
- Link patients with appropriate organisations to help facilitate diabetes self-management;
- Provide patients with equipment and consumables to continue with self-management on discharge;
- Be involved in discharge planning for patients who require assistance with diabetes management at home;
- Liaise with the multidisciplinary team to provide appropriate diabetes management for inpatients;
- Involved in the delivery of education to clinical staff and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
To be successful in the role, you will have the following:
- Relevant AHPRA registration – Registered Nurse with a minimum of 5 years’ experience;
- Graduate Certificate in Diabetes (or willing to work towards)
- Credentialed Diabetes Educator with ADEA (desirable)
- Understanding and skills in management of CSII therapy (desirable)
- Advanced understanding of ANMC competencies as per nursing registration
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Positive role model with highly developed clinical skills and advanced skills in nursing assessment
- Organised, efficient and professional with strong team skills and customer focus
- Ability to work both autonomously and within the multidisciplinary team.
Support, friendship, loyalty and backup are more than just words to us….. that’s the way we do business!
The successful applicant needs to be flexible with shifts and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Culture and Benefits
We value our staff and provide a wide range of attractive local and national employee benefits including:
- Flexible work practices
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee recognition and rewards system
- Ramsay Corporate discounts including health fund and travel discounts
- Ramsay Health Care Employee Benefit Club
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include cover letter, CV and 2 current work-related referees). Alternatively, visit www.greenslopesprivate.com.au careers page. Please note: Patient contact roles require proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
Alternatively you can discuss this opportunity with Kirsty Prescott, Clinical Education Coordinator on 3394 7802.
Close Date: 31 March 2019
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend