Registered Nurse - Day Oncology
Job no: 492748
Work type: Part time
Location: John Flynn Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
We are seeking an experienced Oncology Registered Nurse to join our Day Oncology team. This is a permanent part-time position (64 hours per fortnight).
About the Role
The goal of the John Flynn Cancer Centre is to provide high quality specialised care to oncology patients. We have comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services available enabling patients to be treated from diagnosis through all options of treatment.
As the Registered Nurse you will provide our patients with dedicated and specialised care to which our unit prides itself. Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager Day Oncology, you will be required to perform chemotherapy administration and display proficiency in cannulation and associated treatments
This role requires a compassionate individual with suitable skills and competence to work as part of our Oncology team. To be successful you will have exceptional communication abilities and be dedicated to providing patient focused care.
You will also demonstrate;
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in Oncology
- Competent in chemotherapy administration
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and maintain good working relations with others
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Demonstrates excellent time management and organisational skills
- Completion of Antineoplastic Drug Administration Course (desirable)
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts including private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
John Flynn Private Hospital offers free parking, a wide range of in hospital services and regular subsidised social activities.
About the Organisation
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
John Flynn Private Hospital is a 334 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, which is on the southern end of the Gold Coast, within 5 minutes from the Gold Coast Airport. The hospital provides services to the population of the Gold Coast and the Tweed Coast extending into the NSW Northern Rivers area.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Peter McFie, Nurse Unit Manager on 07 5598 9127.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend