Job no: 493875
Work type: Part time
Location: Pindara - Gold Coast Private Hospital
Categories: Administration/Support Services
- Permanent Part-time, working a 7-day rotating roster
- Leading health care provide
- Excellent staff rewards and recognition program
Pindara Private Hospital is seeking a dynamic and experienced Bookings Clerk to join their Administrative Department. The successful applicant will be contracted on a part-time basis, covering a 5-day rotating roster, with contracted hours dependent on the successful applicant’s availability in line with the needs of the business, and must be flexible to work additional hours to cover periods of sick leave and annual leave. We are encouraging applicants with significant clerical experience to apply for this position.
About the Role
Reporting to the Billings Manager, the successful applicant will provide support and assistance to the clerical team and patients by coordinating all bookings required for patients for admission. The successful applicant will be responsible for a variety of administrative functions including (but not limited to):
- Entering and updating theatre lists
- Managing incoming and outgoing call relating to theatre bookings
- Communicating effectively with doctors, receptionist and ward areas to maintain effective work flow
- Updating sessions usage spreadsheets
- Entering medical bookings
- Inform relevant Coordinator/Manager of list changes, emergency operations and out of hours bookings
We are seeking a self-motivated individual who can demonstrate a commitment to customer service, effective communication and interpersonal skills and meet the following minimum requirements:
- Good computer skills using the MS office programs
- Certificate in Medical terminology is highly desirable
- Previous Hospital, Medical Reception or Health fund experience is highly desirable
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent data entry skills
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Pindara Private Hospital is centrally located in Benowa on the Gold Coast.
Pindara Private Hospital is a modern 348 licensed acute care Hospital with extensive on site facilities including a 24 hour Emergency Department, 22 Operating Theatres including our Day Surgery and Endoscopy Unit, Intensive Care, Coronary Care, Oncology, Maternity and Paediatric units, Rehabilitation and Renal Dialysis, a state of the art Cardiac Catheter Laboratory / Hybrid Theatre, in-house Pharmacy, comprehensive Pathology and X-Ray including Ultrasound, CT scan, MRI and Nuclear Medicine imaging and a number of on-site consulting suites. The campus also includes a 5 level medical specialists suite building.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
Close Date: 26 May 2019
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend