Breast Care Nurse
Job no: 494056
Work type: Part time
Location: Peel Health Campus
Categories: Nursing - Registered
- Permanent Part Time role available (32 hours per fortnight)
- McGrath Breast Care Nurse role
We are seeking an experienced Clinical Nurse to join our team at Peel Health Campus on a Permanent Part Time basis to provide breast care and advice to those having Breast Cancer surgery within the Peel region.
About the Role
As the McGrath Breast Care Nurse you will be providing expert advice and care to breast cancer patients, their families and other health care professionals on complex issues relating to their health and well-being at various phases of their care.
You will be required to adapt your practice according to the specific and changing needs of the individual, taking into account their health needs and preferences across the continuum of care including diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, follow-up and palliative care.
In this role you will report to the Nurse Director Clinical Services and work closely with the Breast Surgeon Consultant.
To succeed in this role you will be a suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic Clinical Nurse. Acting as a clinical and professional breast cancer resource, you will have the ability to apply your broad knowledge and expertise to coordinate care, facilitate education and provide expert advice.
You will also bring:
- Current AHPRA Registered Nurse registration
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment & independently as required
- Demonstrated understanding of the physical and psychosocial needs of patients diagnosed with cancer
- Understanding of scope of practice & commitment to patient focused care
- Ability to manage designated portfolio and display excellent collaborative leadership, teaching and mentoring skills
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience in accreditation processes, clinical indicators and other quality projects
- Superior organisational and time management skills
- Relevant post graduate qualification plus 12 months experience working in cancer nursing OR a minimum of 4 years post registration experience in breast cancer nursing (Desirable)
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Hospital
Peel Health Campus is a 128 inpatient bed, acute care hospital and is dedicated to providing high quality public and private healthcare to the residents of the Mandurah and Peel regions. Peel Health Campus has established an excellent reputation in the community for its commitment to high quality patient care, delivered by our caring team.
Operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Peel Health Campus is located in Mandurah, one hour south of Perth.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Applications should include:
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria
- 2 x Current work-related referees
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Sue McCarthy, on 08 9531 8591
Close Date: 17th June 2019
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend