Nurse Unit Manager - Mental Health Unit
Job no: 494059
Work type: Full time
Location: The Southport Private Hospital
- Permanent Full Time
- Leading health care provider
- Excellent staff rewards and recognition program
About the Role
The Mental Health Inpatient ward is a 22 bed psychiatric unit offering TMS and ECT services within a low stimulus, quiet and mature environment with a calm approach to care. As a leader in the health care team at The Southport Private Hospital, you will maintain and implement quality systems in accordance with national safety and quality health service standards. You will have a commitment to continuous improvement, risk minimisation and successful delivery of outcomes. Every day you will work collaboratively with stakeholders to achieve excellence in care delivery in line with best practice and legislative requirements.
In this role you will report to Director of Clinical Services and work closely with a supportive team.
To succeed in this role you will bring strong clinical leadership skills with recent experience within mental health. You will hold a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
You will also bring;
- Registered Nurse with current AHPRA practicing certificate
- Experience across all aspects of mental health
- Sound clinical competence and commitment to best practice
- Able to manage the practical aspects of carer delivery including workforce and resource planning, patient flow and demand forecasting
- Have the ability to work collaboratively with a broad array of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, mentor and motivate staff to achieve their best
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
The Southport Private Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator and is a mental health and physical rehabilitation facility on the Gold Coast. Patients have access to a full suite of services including a multi-disciplinary team of medical professionals, onsite gymnasium, the Gold Coast’s only hydrotherapy pool to make the transition to a home environment as seamless as possible. A range of mental health day programs are available at the Gold Coast Mental Health Wellness Centre and inpatient unit offers a comprehensive range of voluntary sub-acute inpatient programs to cater for large range of patients. This newly renovated and refurbished facility houses the latest technology and equipment to assist the caring team of medical professionals in providing top-quality comprehensive services and establish The Southport Private Hospital as a leading health care provider on the Gold Coast.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Athol Webb, Executive Officer / Director of Clinical Services on ph: 07 5671 8003
Close Date: 26/06/2019
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend