Job no: 494098
Work type: Casual
Location: Southern Highlands Private Hospital
Categories: Catering/Food Services
- Casual position, working a 7-day rotating roster
- Work for Australia’s largest health care provider
- Excellent staff rewards and recognition program
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and experienced Chef to join our professional Hospitality Services Department team on a casual basis. The successful applicant will be required to work shifts of varying lengths between the times of 6am to 6.30pm.
About the Hospital
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Southern Highlands Private Hospital provides 74 acute medical and surgical beds, as well as an extensive range of onsite rehabilitation and palliative care services for the community and beyond to the regional and rural areas. The Hospital has 4 Operating Theatres, a Procedure Room, a Day Surgery Unit, a High Dependency Unit and a Day Oncology Unit. The hospital is located in Bowral, adjacent to the public hospital.
Southern Highlands Private Hospital prides itself on the expertise of our doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, and support staff, as well as the high quality of our services. The Hospital has established an excellent reputation in the community for its commitment to patient care and customer service, staff satisfaction, and quality improvement.
About the Role
Reporting to the Head Chef / Hotel Services Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Food production / preparation for patients, staff and doctor’s meals as well as hospital functions as required;
- Ensure food is prepared and stored in accordance with the hygiene standards as indicated in the food hygiene regulations;
- Demonstrate awareness and ability to meet the dietary needs of all customers;
- Comply with hygiene standards and Occupational Health and Safety requirements at all times; and
- Ensure high standard of cleanliness and organisation in the catering department at all times.
The successful applicant will be passionate about delivering high quality food to patients, staff and visitors at our facility and will also possess the following attributes:
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Chef in a large scale food preparation environment;
- Certificate 3 in Commercial Cookery/Trade Certificate;
- Effective communication skills;
- Strong customer service focus;
- Food Safety Certificate;
- HACCP training and commitment to excellence in hygiene standards;
- Enthusiastic and a positive "can do" attitude;
- Contribute effectively to a team environment and independently as required;
- Demonstrate a great work ethic and attention to detail;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise workloads; and
- Be reliable and self-motivated.
Culture and Benefits
We offer fabulous employee benefits including:
- Staff recognition and rewards system;
- Flexible work practices to best match you work/life balance;
- Professional Development opportunities;
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, and financial services;
- Salary sacrificing;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- And much more!
About the Organisation
Ramsay Health Care is a global health care company with a reputation for operating high-quality services and delivering excellent patient care, and employs over 30,000 people across 73 Australian sites. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online by clicking the Apply button within this advertisement. All applications should include a covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your resume and two work related referees.
If you would like discuss this opportunity, please contact Jessica Nyathi, Hotel Services Manager on (02) 4862 9417
Applications Close: Tuesday 25 June, 2019
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend