- Casual position, working a 7-day rotating roster
- Work for Australia’s largest health care provider
Excellent staff rewards and recognition program
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and motivated Catering Assistant to join our professional Hospitality Services Department team on a casual basis. The successful applicant will be required to be flexible with shifts and work across a 7-day rotating roster.
About the Hospital
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Southern Highlands Private Hospital provides 74 acute medical and surgical beds, as well as an extensive range of onsite rehabilitation and palliative care services for the community and beyond to the regional and rural areas. The Hospital has 4 Operating Theatres, a Procedure Room, a Day Surgery Unit, a High Dependency Unit and a Day Oncology Unit. The hospital is located in Bowral, adjacent to the public hospital.
Southern Highlands Private Hospital prides itself on the expertise of our doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, and support staff, as well as the high quality of our services. The Hospital has established an excellent reputation in the community for its commitment to patient care and customer service, staff satisfaction, and quality improvement.
About the Role
Reporting to the Head Chef / Catering Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the distribution and collection of all customer menus, food trays and beverages, and basic food preparation. You will also be required to maintain cleanliness within the department in line with required Food Safety Plan, relevant HACCP standards and Hospital policy whilst offering high standards of quality and service to customers and patient.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated individual who has a focus on customer service, displays strong communication and interpersonal skills, and meets the following criteria:
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a hospital or hospital environment;
- Understanding of food safety and hygiene principles;
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks effectively;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus;
- Ability to problem solve and maintain good working relations with others;
- Certificate II or Certificate III in Hospitality (desirable, but not essential); and
- Food Hygiene Certificate preferred, but training can be provided.
Culture and Benefits
We offer fabulous employee benefits including:
- Staff recognition and rewards system;
- Flexible work practices to best match you work/life balance;
- Professional Development opportunities;
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, and finance services;
- Salary sacrificing;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- And much more!
About the Organisation
Ramsay Health Care is a global health care company with a reputation for operating high-quality services and delivering excellent patient care, and employs over 30,000 people across 73 Australian sites. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online by clicking the Apply button within this advertisement. All applications should include a covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your resume and two work related referees.
If you would like discuss this opportunity, please contact Jessica Nyathi, Hotel Services Manager on (02) 4862 9417.
Applications Close: Tuesday 25 June, 2019