Registered Nurse - Day Surgery
Job no: 494323
Work type: Part time
Location: Cairns Day Surgery
Categories: Nursing - Registered
We are seeking an experienced and positive nurse to join the Cairns Day Surgery. This is a permanent part-time position (57 hours per fortnight).
About the Role
We are currently seeking an experienced Registered Nurse with a strong team focus to join our reputable, world class theatre environment. The Day Surgery Unit is a self-sufficient unit that comprises of 4 theatres and an endoscopy suite. We offer a caring and friendly environment for a wide range of procedures that do require an overnight stay in hospital. Our Specialist Services include:
- Oral & maxillofacial surgery
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Urology (including cryotherapy & lithotripsy)
- Pain management/treatment
- Paediatric Surgery
- Dermatology - Mohs Surgery
With a caring and progressive team, we believe that success comes through positive spirit. Customer service is our passion and we measure our success by accommodating our customers’ needs whenever possible.
To be successful in the role you will be a highly organised individual with excellent communication skills and a strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service. You will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting as a trained Nurse with a focus procedural care. Experience within an endoscopy or surgical unit will be highly regarded.
You will also demonstrate;
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum three (3) years’ work experience in an acute surgical/recovery environment
- Demonstrates excellent time management and organisational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Previous recent experience in a surgical setting or endoscopy trained (highly regarded)
This position requires someone with flexibility and the ability work in a fast paced environment.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Cairns Private Hospital also offers subsidised gym memberships and staff meals
About the Organisation
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Sharon Downman on 07 4044 5407 or email@example.com.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend