Clinical Midwifery Specialist
Job no: 494429
Work type: Full time
Location: Peel Health Campus
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Clinical Midwifery Specialist to join our team in a permanent role with flexibility of part or full time hours (4-5 days per week) at Peel Health Campus.
About the Role
Our Maternity Unit is a 20 bed antenatal / postnatal unit with 3 birth suites, a low risk midwifery led antenatal clinic, specialist obstetric clinic and GP obstetrician model of care. Our obstetrician’s and midwives currently birth approximately 1100 babies per annum. With our activity continuing to rise, we are looking for the talent and experience to help us achieve our vision of expanding maternity services.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Registered Midwife with advanced knowledge, clinical expertise and the ability to demonstrate a high level of critical thinking and problem solving within the clinical setting. Working with the Midwifery Manager you will be responsible for patient safety and quality improvement through planning, facilitating and evaluating the delivery of care. Working collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team and utilising expert clinical knowledge you will also contribute to the education of all levels of staff via orientation and clinical competence programs and make a valuable contribution to continuous improvement processes.
You will bring a strong clinical skill set as a registered Midwife with experience within a hospital birthing suite. You will be a passionate advocate for the private hospital Maternity Model of Care and have the ability to work as part of a responsive team.
You will also bring:
- Relevant registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Relevant post graduate qualification plus 12 months experience OR a minimum of 4 years post registration experience working in the clinical specialty
- Ability to manage a designated portfolio and display sound leadership skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of scope of practice
- Demonstrated knowledge / experience in accreditation processes, clinical indicators and other quality projects
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Operated by Ramsay Health Care, Peel Health Campus is located in Mandurah, one hour south of Perth. Mandurah is Western Australia’s fastest growing regional city known for its speculator waterway, natural beauty and pristine beaches. For more information on the services we provide please visit www.peelhealthcampus.com.au.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Leanne Rendell, Clinical Midwifery Manager on 08 9531 800.
Closing Date: 17th July 2019
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend