We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Perioperative trained Clinical Nurse Educator with the suitable skills and competence to work as part of our Clinical Education Team at Greenslopes Private Hospital.
This is a temporary position available for 12 months in a full-time capacity with the option to extend beyond this period.
About the Role
This role reaches across the expansive Perioperative Services at Greenslopes Private Hospital, and oversees the education program for the operating theatres, Gastroenterology department, Day of Surgery Lounge, CSSD and the Cardiovascular Suites.
Reporting to the Clinical Education Coordinator, the successful candidate will be part of a dynamic and friendly team responsible for:
- Coordinating and delivering an education plan for the provision of the highest standards of patient care;
- Facilitating department based training and clinical competency assessments across Perioperative Services;
- Being an integral member of the clinical team orientating and educating staff at the bedside.
To be successful in the role, you will have the following selection criteria:
- Relevant AHPRA registration - Clinical Nurse with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in Perioperative Services (broad range of experience across Perioperative Nursing specialty desirable);
- Postgraduate qualification in Perioperative Nursing and/or Clinical Education (or working towards);
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment;
- Demonstrated leadership skills with excellent communication skills and ability to effectively negotiate;
- Positive role model and demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service;
- Organised, efficient and professional with highly developed clinical problem solving skills and advanced skills in nursing assessment;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team and independently where required;
- Innovative and flexible approach to education delivery
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Culture and Benefits
We value our staff and provide a wide range of attractive local and national employee benefits including:
- Flexible work practices
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee recognition and rewards system
- Ramsay Corporate discounts including health fund and travel discounts
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program
- And more!
About the Hospital
Greenslopes Private Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operators, and is located just 5km from Brisbane’s CBD. As a world-class tertiary medical facility, we have some of Queensland’s finest specialists working with us to offer the latest treatments and first-class service to our patients. The hospital employs 2,500 staff, contains 32 specialty units, and has 18 operating theatres.
Working with us
Ramsay Health Care has grown to become a global hospital group, delivering a range of acute and primary healthcare services from 480 facilities across 11 countries, making it one of the largest and most diverse private healthcare companies in the world. The company employs over 77,000 staff and treats 8.5 million patients in its hospitals and primary care clinics located in Australia, France, the United Kingdom, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Malaysia, Indonesia and Hong Kong.
We live and work by our values of The Ramsay Way – “People Caring for People” and seek out those who are committed to developing people and teams and a continuous improvement culture.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online by clicking on the Apply button within this advertisement. Applications should include a CV and 2 current work-related referees.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Kirsty Prescott, Clinical Educator Coordinator, on 07 3394 7802.
Applications close: Monday 22 July, 2019