Pindara Private Hospital and The Southport Private Hospital is seeking a qualified and experienced Biomedical Technician to join the Biomedical Department. The successful applicant will be predominantly based at Pindara Private Hospital and will also be required to work at The Southport Private Hospital. Contracted on a full-time basis, this role will cover a 5-day rotating roster, including participation in an on-call roster.
Reporting to the Biomedical Manager, the Biomedical Technician is to carry out documentation, maintenance, testing repair, development, modification and construction of biomedical and other hospital equipment within the guidelines set out in relevant standards, technical manuals, hospital policies and procedures. This position is also required to act as a resource person and an expert for a selected range of equipment and advise on purchasing, maintenance and operation issues.
You will have exceptional customer service, strong communication and interpersonal skills and also meet the following criteria:
- Possess an Associate Diploma in Engineering or equivalent qualification, at a minimum (Electrical or Electronic)
- Restricted electrical work license or progressing towards one
- Previous experience as a Biomedical Technician in a hospital setting
- Sound knowledge of relevant industry standards and fault finding techniques
- Demonstrated competent technical knowledge and skill in the use and function of biomedical equipment and test instruments
- Ability to maintain and repair a wide range of highly specialised medical machinery and equipment quickly and efficiently
- Ability to plan and coordinate workload
- Excellent work ethic and time management skills
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Incorporating Pindara Private Hospital, and The Southport Private Hospital
Pindara Private Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator. Pindara is the largest and most comprehensive private hospital on the Gold Coast, currently providing 348 licensed acute care beds and extensive on site facilities including a 24 hour Emergency Department, 22 Operating Theatres including our Day Surgery and Endoscopy Unit, Intensive Care, Coronary Care, Oncology, Maternity and Paediatric units, Rehabilitation and Renal Dialysis, a state of the art Cardiac Catheter Laboratory / Hybrid Theatre, in-house Pharmacy, comprehensive Pathology and X-Ray including Ultrasound, CT scan, MRI and Nuclear Medicine imaging and a number of on-site consulting suites. Pindara has an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
The Southport Private Hospital opened in early 2017 providing specialist mental health services and mainstream rehabilitation inpatient and day programs.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
Close Date: 26 July 2019
Phone number: 07 5588 9766