Registered Nurse - HDU/ICU
Job no: 494889
Work type: Part time
Location: Wollongong Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Multiple Permanent Part-Time opportunities open for Registered Nurses to join Wollongong Private Hospital.
Perfect opportunity to live and work near the coast!
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated and experienced Registered Nurse to join our team of supportive and friendly staff in our Intensive Care Unit. You will be responsible for all aspects of patient care, developing and maintaining safe clinical practices and excellent clinical outcomes. You will perform duties with the support and guidance of the Nurse Unit Manager, Clinical Nurse and Shift Leaders to ensure a high level of quality service is provided.
The flexibility to handle a 12-hour rotating roster with on call components along with weekend and evening shifts will be key for this role.
You will be a strong team player with exceptional communication skills and can work within a team and unsupervised if needed. You will also be a proactive professional with the capability to multitask and effectively manage your time throughout the work day.
- Current registration with the AHPRA
- Previous experience in HDU/ ICU (desirable)
- Post graduate qualifications in Critical Care or working towards (desirable)
- Ability to assess, plan, co-ordinate and evaluate care delivery needs of patients
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to nursing practice
- Knowledge of Quality/Continuous Improvement processes
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Ability to ensure excellence in customer service
Why Join Us?
Wollongong Private Hospital is defined by our unique culture and dedication to giving outstanding patient care. From the way we recognise and reward our staff to our attitude toward the patient experience – we are a great choice for staff wanting to be part of a cutting-edge, fast paced and progressive environment.
In addition to the above, Ramsay also offers:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Wollongong Private Hospital is a 151-bed private hospital operated by Australia's largest private hospital operator, Ramsay Health Care and is set in the heart of Wollongong's Medical Precinct adjacent to the Wollongong Public Hospital. It features state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra. Wollongong Private Hospital includes all major services including an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory and a day oncology unit. It offers the full range of medical, surgical and maternity services.
Located just 80km south of Sydney, Wollongong is a major metropolitan hub on the coast of NSW. Whilst enjoying all the services of a major metropolitan city, Wollongong residents also enjoy a relaxed beach lifestyle in this beautiful coastal location.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include cover letter, CV and 2 current work-related referees).
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Susan Treacy or Catherine Balzer on 02 4286 1221.
Close Date: 23/08/19 at 11:55 PM
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend