Job no: 494985
Work type: Full time
Location: St George Private Hospital
Categories: Administration/Support Services
About the role
Our Receptionists are responsible for providing support and assistance to the administrative and clinical teams, patients and relatives by coordinating the clerical requirements for patients from admission to discharge.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management of incoming and outgoing calls.
- Updating of the patient management system where necessary
- Collation of patient files and records throughout Admission and upon discharge.
- Liaise with other areas of the hospital.
- Assist with admission and discharge processes
- Health Fund checking patients for eligibility and receipting payments for hospital stay
- Coordinate ambulance, DVA cars, internal and external appointments for patients as required.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Strong customer service skills.
- Advanced Computer Literacy
- Flexibility with working hours
- Certificate in Medical Terminology.
- Previous experience within a Hospital Setting
- Hospital mainframe systems experience - Meditech
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator,
St George Private Hospital is one of the most modern, clinically advanced private hospitals in Australasia. The hospital is located in Sydney's South and is adjacent to St George Public Hospital. St George Private Hospital is a fully accredited 276 bed advanced surgical and acute medical facility. Working in partnership with some of Australia's leading medical specialists, the hospital has developed a strong reputation in Cardiac, Orthopaedics & Spinal Care, Neurosurgery, General Surgery, Medical, Cancer Care, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Colorectal and Urology.
St George Private Hospital provides an outstanding working environment, modern facilities, innovative education programmes and a supportive executive team. In addition, we offer flexible work arrangements and excellent employee benefits.
We are conveniently located in Kogarah, close to major roads and about a 5 minute walk from the major rail network.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
Applications Close: Friday 19th August
Enquires: Lucy Gomes, Front Office Manager on 9598 5034 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend