About the Role
Lake Macquarie Private Hospital is currently seeking an experienced Registered Nurse who would like to work night duty shifts only within the Cain Ward. This is a great opportunity to join our progressive and innovative team on a full time basis, and to assist in the growth of our organisation.
Cain Ward is a 32 bed Cardiothoracic unit providing pre and post-operative care to patients undergoing elective cardiac procedures. We also provide care for medical admissions who are admitted via the emergency department, which means the work can become quite fast-paced at times
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring a high level of quality patient care is delivered in line with the core values and the strategic direction of the Hospital and Ramsay Health Care. You will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting, and must be available to work night duty shifts. You will also have the following:
- Current registration with APHRA
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to organise work in a systematic, accurate and timely manner and be flexible in a changing environment
- Demonstrated skills in teamwork and leadership
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Caring, compassionate, and empathetic individual that will take pride in your work
- Minimum 2 years nursing experience in surgical nursing (Applicant’s with less than this level of experience are still encouraged to apply)
- Recent and relevant experience in cardiothoracic nursing
Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible work practices
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee recognition and rewards system
- Ramsay Corporate discounts including health funds and travel insurance
- Salary packaging
- Discounted Medical insurance packages
- Employee assistance program and more!
Lake Macquarie Private Hospital is a 187 bed acute Advanced Surgical and Medical Hospital situated on the Pacific Highway at Gateshead, 15 kms south of the Newcastle CBD. The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care Limited, the largest operator of private hospitals in Australia. Specialties include Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Urology, General Surgery (including Colorectal), Breast Surgery, Plastics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Vascular and Oncology.
In March 2015 the region’s first Private Emergency Department was opened at Lake Macquarie Private, providing another option for people requiring emergency care. The Hospital is also home to the Hunter Cancer Centre, the Hunter Region's only comprehensive private oncology service providing Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Research, Support Services and Education all located on the one campus.
Working with us
Ramsay Health Care has grown to become a global hospital group, delivering a range of acute and primary healthcare services from 480 facilities across 11 countries, making it one of the largest and most diverse private healthcare companies in the world. The company employs over 77,000 staff and treats 8.5 million patients throughout its hospitals and primary care clinics.
We live and work by our values of The Ramsay Way - "People Caring for People" and seek out those who are committed to developing people and teams and a continuous improvement culture.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online by clicking on the Apply button within this advertisement. Applications should include a CV and 2 work-related referees.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff, and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police Check prior to appointment, and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact:
Nursing Unit Manager
Lake Macquarie Private Hospital
P: 02 4947 5162
Applications Close: Thursday 3 October, 2019