2nd in Charge Environmental Services
Job no: 495449
Work type: Full time
Location: St George Private Hospital
Categories: Environmental Services - Cleaner/Laundry
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Housekeeping - 2nd in Charge to join our friendly team at St George Private Hospital in Southern Sydney.
This is a Permanent Full Time Role working a minimum of 76 hours per fortnight.
About the Role
The role of 2IC will assist the Environmental Services Manager in the overall operations of the housekeeping department in line with legislation, infection control, and the organisational strategic direction as well as day to day hands on housekeeping services.
An opportunity exists for an enthusiastic, reliable and self-motivated individual with exemplary communication skills and the ability to lead by example to join our housekeeping team as the 2nd in Charge. You will bring a strong leadership skillset with the capacity to inspire and mentor junior staff.
You will also bring;
- Relevant experience in environmental services within the health care or hotel industry
- Advanced IT/computer skill with experience in electronic timekeeping systems
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to assist in the management of a team
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Great organisation, time management and prioritisation skills
- 'Can do' attitude and excellent work ethic
- Exceptional customer service skills and approach
- Holding a tertiary management qualification (desirable)
- Supportive and friendly team environment
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About St George Private
St George Private Hospital is one of the most modern, clinically advanced private hospitals in Australasia. The Hospital is located in Sydney's South and is adjacent to The St George Public Hospital one of Sydney's major university teaching hospitals. St George Private Hospital is fully accredited 270 bed advanced surgical and acute medical facility, working in partnership with some of Australia's leading medical specialists. Key to the Hospital's success is a highly skilled and expert team of staff, a team we want you to be a part of.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Kylie Naudi, Environmental Services Manager on 02 9598 5598
Close Date: 22 September 2019
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend