After Hours Hospital Coordinator
Job no: 495491
Work type: Part time
Location: John Flynn Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered, Management
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and highly motivated professional to join our team of After Hours Coordinators.
This is a permanent part-time position (minimum 40 hours per fortnight)
About the Role
This is a key leadership position that is accountable for efficient and effective operational management of the hospital after hours. The role supports and encompasses planning implementing and evaluating practices, policy compliance, processes and services within the hospital. It will see you working with and supporting Shift leaders in the absence of the NUM, and other managers in achieving excellence in care delivery in line with best practice and legislative requirements.
To be successful in this role you will be a positive and effective leader who with the ability to motivate others. You will bring extensive clinical skills and experience along with exceptional interpersonal skills. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage your time effectively complete allocated tasks.
You will also bring;
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA
- Sound understanding of contemporary Human Resources Management practices
- Ability to interpret the 8 National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards and apply to clinical practice
- Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective role model in the area of clinical practice
- Sound Computer skills in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Post-graduate studies in an appropriate speciality (desirable)
- Holding or working towards a tertiary management qualification or previous experience in a management position (desirable)
To be successful you will need to be available during to work a rotating roster in weekday, evenings/nights and all shifts on weekends.
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
John Flynn Private Hospital offers free parking, a wide range of in hospital services and regular subsidised social activities.
About the Organisation
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
John Flynn Private Hospital is a 334 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, which is on the southern end of the Gold Coast, within 5 minutes from the Gold Coast Airport. The hospital provides services to the population of the Gold Coast and the Tweed Coast extending into the NSW Northern Rivers area.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: Friday, 27 September 2019
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend