Joondalup Health Campus is seeking a reliable and experienced Clinical Coder Educator/Auditor to join the Health Information Services department in a permanent part-time position, working 60 hours per fortnight.
About the Role
As a Clinical Coder Educator/Auditor, you will provide auditing, education and advice to clinical coders and medical staff as required, to ensure the hospital achieves accurate and timely coding of records whilst maximising any revenue due.
In addition to this, you will provide and coordinate training opportunities for the whole Clinical Coding team, maintain a coding workload and conduct regular coding audits, and coordinate lodgement of coding queries and dissemination of returned responses. Maintaining a professional standard, you will continue to undertake education and professional development.
Working with a respectful and supportive team, you will report to the Health Information Manager.
To be successful in this role, you will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment. Your flexibility to meet the demands of the role, exceptional interpersonal and organisation skills, and ability to exercise proper courtesy, consideration and sensitivity in dealing with patients, members of the public and other employees will also be critical to this role.
You will also bring:
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical coding training, expertise and advice.
- Experience as a coding team leader or in a senior mentoring role.
- Full working knowledge of ICD-10-AM and medical terminology
- Extensive experience (5 years+) in abstraction and coding from hospital medical records across a broad casemix.
- Previous experience auditing the coding of medical records
- Good computer skills including experience in Microsoft Office and Patient Management Systems
- Completion of Bachelor of Science (Health Information Management) and/or completion of HIMAA Advanced ICD-10-AM ACHI and ACS coding course Experience with Meditech
- Experience with Meditech
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
In particular, Joondalup Health Campus offers free parking, free uniforms, and access to a social club and wellness programs!
About the Organisation
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Joondalup Health Campus, (JHC) is a 664-bed facility owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator. Treating both public and private patients, JHC provides comprehensive acute medical care to the community within Perth’s rapidly expanding northern corridor. With such a large hospital to operate, JHC currently employs over 2600 staff, with numbers continually increasing to meet the demand for services.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and cover letter that addresses the above criteria).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Jacqui Holland on 08 9400 9407 or via email: HollandJacqui@ramsayhealth.com.au.
Close Date: 27th September 2019