With our expanding services, we have created a new role to lead the mental health services at
Hollywood Private Hospital
We are seeking an experienced and professional person to take up the role of Manager of Mental Health Services
This is a permanent full-time position, working 76 hours per fortnight.
About the Role
Our team at The Hollywood Clinic (THC) work with Consultant Psychiatrists to provide a variety of mental health services for inpatients and day patients, including ECT and TMS. We offer very successful day program services, including treatment for mood and anxiety disorders, eating disorders, PTSD, alcohol dependence and others. In 2020 we will commission a new Ward, to add to our existing 70 beds.
As the Manager of Mental Health, you will be responsible for providing clinical leadership and management of the mental health services, and assisting the hospital to meet its operational, business and workforce objectives. You will ensure all programs provided in mental health meet best clinical practice standards and comply with insurer requirements.
A key aspect of the role will be working collaboratively with our consultants and team to positively consolidate and grow our mental health business.
To be successful in this role, you will preferably bring a background in mental health practice, and leadership and management. You will have sound business acumen; have demonstrated change management skills and experience, and an enquiring mind. Further to this, you will be a confident and effective communicator which will assist in your ability to engage, influence and build positive relationships with a diverse range of people, including doctors.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Current registration as a health practitioner with the appropriate Board
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a clinical or management field
- A minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a senior management position within the healthcare industry
- Demonstrated business acumen including sound financial management, budget development and implementation of business growth strategies
- Proven strategic planning, workforce analysis and policy development skills
- An understanding of the health funding environment
- An awareness of relevant legislative requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary governance and clinical risk management strategies that are effective in promoting and ensuring high quality patient care
- A focus on the patient experience of care
- Previous experience working in a mental health environment
- Post graduate qualifications in management
- Experience leading accreditation and continuous improvement processes and achieving sound outcomes
- Experience developing and implementing marketing strategies for an independent business unit
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Hollywood Private Hospital is an award-winning, large acute-care private teaching hospital. The Hospital, situated in the Perth suburb of Nedlands, only minutes from the city, provides a comprehensive range of adult medical and surgical services, rehabilitation and mental health services.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and a cover letter addressing the criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and a Working with Children Check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will also be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Karen Gullick on 08 9346 6149 or via email: GullickK@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 23 October 2019