Job no: 496059
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: The Adelaide Clinic
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
The Adelaide Clinic is seeking a positive and passionate Social Worker to join the Mental Health Services team.
This is a permanent full-time position, working 76 hours per fortnight.
About the Role
As a Social Worker, you will provide high quality care and direct social work service across inpatient units at The Adelaide Clinic and Fullarton Private Hospital, as well as the Community Mental Health Services team, when required. This will include implementing and coordinating a plan for discharge and referral of patients, and organising post-discharge home support where relevant and required.
Positively influencing and working with others in a collaborative and constructive fashion, you will report to the Director of Clinical Services.
To succeed in this role you will demonstrate a strong worth ethic that includes punctuality, integrity, respect for others and a commitment to upholding Ramsay Health Care’s core values. Your effective communication and interpersonal skills, and your ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team is critical for this role.
You will also bring:
- Degree in Social Studies or similar relevant qualifications in relevant speciality Allied Health area
- Experience in Mental Health and/or inpatient/community experience
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity in thinking
- Be willing to contribute to the development and promotion of a cohesive and interactive team
- Act as a professional role model when dealing with internal and external customers
- Willing to participate in a continuous quality improvement environment
- A variety of shifts that will offer the flexibility to choose those that best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Opportunities to develop yourself within the role
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
The Adelaide Clinic is a part of the Ramsay Health Care South Australian Mental Health Services Group of hospitals and is a leading provider of psychiatric services in this State. A teaching facility of the University of Adelaide, the Clinic provides a full range of general, acute and specialised psychiatric services and community outreach services.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and Cover Letter addressing the criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (6 months or less) National Police check and a current Working With Children check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Karen Trimboli on 08 8269 8100 or via email: TrimboliK@ramsayhealth.com.au.
Close Date: 18th October 2019
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend