We are seeking an experienced, positive and enthusiastic Clinical Nurse – Staff Development to join our Perioperative team at Joondalup Health Campus.
This is a permanent part time opportunity to work 38 hours per fortnight.
About the Role
Working within our Perioperative department, you will be responsible for the delivery of a safe standard of nursing care in accordance with the policies, standards and procedures of the nursing division and Code of Practice of the Nurses’ Board of Western Australia.
In partnership with the Clinical Nurse Specialist and other members of the Clinical Education team, you will work within a supportive and friendly team environment and be responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating the training and education programs in line with organisational and departmental strategic plans.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a perioperative setting and maintain a positive attitude and approach to your work at all times. Your good work ethic that includes punctuality, integrity, respect of others and a commitment to professional practice will assist in your ability to act as a role model to staff. Additionally, you will be well developed in your problem solving, analytical, organisation, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
You will also bring;
- Relevant registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Previous experience in clinical nursing
- Sound experience working in theatre
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Code of Practice of the Nurses’ Board of Western Australia
- Knowledge of competency-based education
- Proven teaching ability and understanding of adult learning principles
- Possession of or progressing towards the relevant tertiary qualification and / or relevant experience in Education and Staff Development.
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Nursing) (desirable)
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Joondalup Health Campus offers outstanding facilities and benefits including education, friendly, informative after hours support, onsite and online library facilities.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus. The hospital has an Emergency Department, After Hours GP Clinic and on-site MRI. Specialties include public and private Medical, Surgical, Orthopaedics and Ophthalmology, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, Intensive and Coronary Care Units, Day Procedure Unit, Renal and Oncology, public and private Restorative Units, Day Therapy and public and private Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Joondalup Health Campus has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
Full time equivalent Clinical Nurses: $92,289.97 - $98,055.75 plus superannuation per annum, based on experience level.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and a cover letter addressing the criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (6 months or less) National Police check and Working with Children Check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Alison Askew on 08 9400 9701, or via email: AskewA@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 22 October 2019