We are seeking an enthusiastic and professional Billing Clerk to join our WA Billing Hub team, located at Osbourne Park, in close proximity to Hollywood Private Hospital.
This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work as an integral team member of one of Australia’s largest private health care providers.
About the Role
As a Billing Clerk, you will be responsible for the efficient and effective coordination of the Accounts Receivable and Billing functions for WA Ramsay Hospitals. This will include undertaking receipting, following up with Health Fund queries, and communicating with Doctors and patients regarding billing.
Working collaboratively and cooperatively, and maintaining positive relationships and strong communication networks with all stakeholders and departments, you will report to the WA Billing Hub Manager.
- Initiative, accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Good general knowledge of anatomy and medical terminology
- Confidence and experience with medical billing systems such as genie and Meditech
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Background experience such as: medical practice or hospital billing, health fund or Medicare claims
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work as part of a team, with or without supervision
- Knowledge of Meditech patients management system or other medical billing software
- Experience using Meditech or other patient administration software
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Hollywood Private Hospital is a modern, acute care hospital in Nedlands and enjoys a strong reputation for excellence in patient care. With 738 licensed beds, Hollywood Private Hospital is the State’s largest private hospital based on bed numbers. The hospital employs over 2,000 people and has more than 700 accredited specialists working across a wide range of disciplines including cardiology, gastroenterology, general medicine, general surgery, neurosurgery, oncology, orthopaedics, palliative care, psychiatry, rehabilitation and urology.
In response to an increase in demand for Hollywood Private Hospital’s services, owner Ramsay Health Care recently invested over $70 million in major infrastructure developments at the hospital. The centrepiece of this development is a new wing which houses six additional state-of-the-art operating theatres, three new 30 bed wards and a new kitchen.
Base salary for full time equivalent is $67,975.00 - $71,622 + Superannuation per annum, based on experience level.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and a cover letter addressing the criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (6 months or less) National Police check and a valid Working With Children Check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Hanna Fettes on 08 9347 0613 or via email: FettesH@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 24 October 2019