Clinical Trials Unit Manager
Job no: 496228
Work type: Full time
Location: Peninsula Private Hospital
Clinical Trials Unit Manager, Peninsula Private Hospital
- Become a part of a national clinical trials network within Ramsay Health Care
- Be a part of a dynamic research team and contribute to the development of an active clinical trials unit
- Work within a health care environment that proactively seeks to conduct research that will improve patient care
Ramsay Health Care is seeking a full time clinical trials unit manager who will be responsible for the management of the clinical trials unit at Peninsula Private Hospital. The clinical trials unit currently undertakes a range of haematology and solid tumour cancer trials with the expectation that the unit will continue to expand and offer services to other clinical disciplines within the Hospital. The unit is currently conducting Phase Ib – Phase IV clinical trials that are both commercially sponsored and investigator driven. The role will proactively work with staff, Sponsors and Principal Investigators to ensure that the site is viewed as an attractive location to conduct clinical trials and to ensure that the clinical research services offered by the unit are of high quality and in compliance with relevant national and international standards.
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Services, the successful applicant will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the trials unit and will be hands on with responsibilities related to staff management, management of clinical trials and management of relationships with both Investigators and Sponsors. It is expected that in addition to the running the trials unit the role will be actively involved in the day to day running of clinical trials and the coordination of care as it relates to clinical trials. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of a leading clinical trials unit and the broader Ramsay Clinical Trials Network.
Key responsibilities include:
- The establishment of new sponsored and investigator initiated clinical trials at Peninsula Private Hospital, including budget negotiation, ethics and governance applications and the responsibility for activities relating to study start up
- Development and maintenance of relationships with key stakeholder in the clinical trials unit, including sponsors, investigators and other health professionals as required
- Develop and maintain the annual budget for the clinical trials unit, ensuring that the unit operates efficiently and productively and each clinical trial generates the expected returns for the unit
- The implementation of clinical trial protocols at Peninsula Private, including the recruitment of patients, coordinating patient visits and data collection in accordance with clinical trials protocols and following up patients as needed
- Development of standard operating procedures, service level agreements, confidentiality documents and other documentation that will enable the unit to operate effectively and within the framework agreed to within Ramsay Health Care
- Assist with the development of centralised services that will support the operations of the Clinical Trials Network within Ramsay Health Care
- Participate in the National Clinical Trials Network, attending national meetings and working collaboratively within the network to develop clinical trials as a service within Ramsay Health Care.
- Provision of regular reports on the operation of the clinical trials unit to relevant stakeholders, including, but not limited to – the Director of Clinical Services, the Medical Advisory Council and the National Research Unit, Ramsay Health Care
The role will encompass a number of key elements across people, processes and technology including:
- Project Management
- Relationship Management
- Teamwork/Collaborative Working
- Change Management
To be successful in this role, you will bring the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a clinical research or clinical trials with prior exposure to the recruitment of patients and the collection and management of clinical trial data.
- Experience in the management of a small team and leadership of staff
- Experience working with busy clinicians and an understanding of how to effectively manage and work within a fast paced, rapidly changing and dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to establish relationships, influence, and work in partnership with stakeholders and employees at all levels.
- Demonstrated high level oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to time manage.
- Demonstrated high level conceptual and analytical skills and the capacity to show initiative, to develop solutions and ensure that each research project is successful
- Demonstrated ability to plan and pursue challenging goals whilst successfully managing competing priorities
- High level knowledge of relevant codes and legislation related to human research ethics and research governance within Australia
About Ramsay Health Care
Ramsay Health Care was established in 1964 and has grown to become a global hospital group operating over 480 hospitals and day surgery facilities across Australia, United Kingdom, France, Scandinavia, Indonesia and Malaysia. Ramsay Health Care is Australia's largest private hospital operator with 73 private hospitals.
The role will report to Warren Rivett, Director of Clinical Services and will work closely with a number of key stakeholders including interested clinicians, members of the hospital executive, the national clinical trials network and the national research unit.
For more information about this role, to request a position description or to have a confidential discussion, please contact:
Nicola Ware, National Research Unit and CEO, Ramsay Hospital Research Foundation, E: firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 94331402
To Apply: Please click the ‘Apply Now’ button to input your application. All applications must be input online.
Applications close on: 25th October, 2019.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend