Clinical Nurse - Stomal Therapy
Job no: 496397
Work type: Part time
Location: Greenslopes Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
We are seeking a proactive and driven Clinical Nurse to join our Stomal Therapy and Wound Care Nursing Team at Greenslopes Private Hospital on a permanent part time basis.
About the Role
In this role, you will be responsible for providing support to the Stomal Therapy Nursing Team in the delivery of quality and expert nursing care to patients and families of those with stomas and wounds. You will also assist with the pre and post-operative counselling for stomal therapy patients.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will be a professional and experienced Stomal Therapy Nurse with highly developed clinical, communication and problem solving skills. You will also have the following selection criteria:
- Relevant nursing registration with AHPRA and minimum three (3) years’ experience in Stomal Therapy Nursing;
- Graduate Certificate in Stomal Therapy / Wound Care Nursing (or working towards);
- Advanced level understanding and knowledge in stomas, wound care, pressure injury staging and management;
- Positive role model with excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service;
- Proven ability to assess, plan, coordinate and evaluate care delivery needs of patients;
- Organised, efficient and professional with highly developed clinical problem solving skills and advanced skills in nursing assessment; and
- The ability to work both autonomously and within the multidisciplinary team.
Culture and Benefits
We value our staff and provide a wide range of attractive local and national employee benefits including:
- Flexible work practices
- Professional development opportunities
- Ramsay Corporate discounts including health funds and travel insurance
- Salary packaging
- Employee assistance program and more!
Greenslopes Private Hospital in particular offers free parking, a wide range of in hospital services and a thriving social club.
About the Hospital
Greenslopes Private Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operators, and is located just 5km from Brisbane’s CBD. As a world-class tertiary medical facility, we have some of Queensland’s finest specialists working with us to offer the latest treatments and first-class service to our patients. The hospital is Australia’s leading private teaching hospital, and employs 2,500 staff, contains 32 specialty units, and has 18 operating theatres.
Working with us
Ramsay Health Care has grown to become a global hospital group, delivering a range of acute and primary healthcare services from 480 facilities across 11 countries, making it one of the largest and most diverse private healthcare companies in the world. The company employs over 77,000 staff and treats 8.5 million patients throughout its hospitals and primary care clinics.
We live and work by our values of The Ramsay Way - "People Caring for People" and seek out those who are committed to developing people and teams and a continuous improvement culture.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online by clicking on the Apply button within this advertisement. Applications should include a CV and 2 current work-related referees.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For further information please contact Kirsty Prescott, Clinical Educator Coordinator, on 07 3394 7802.
Applications close: Monday 25 November 2019
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend