Peninsula Private Hospital is seeking an experienced Theatre Technician to join our Cardiac Catheter/Hybrid Labs.
There are multiple Permanent Part-Time up to Full-Time roles on offer depending on candidate availability.
About the Role
In this role you will work as a member of the Cardiac Services clinical team by supporting theatre personnel to prepare the operating theatre environment for procedures, including the positioning of the patient, whilst respecting and ensuring patient safety and dignity is maintained at all times in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures and legislative regulations.
In this role you will report to the Nurse Unit Manager.
To succeed in this role, you will be an enthusiastic individual with a passion for customer service who enjoys being part of a busy ward. You will bring experience in technical clinical support ideally within acute care. You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and should be comfortable working in a diverse team of doctors, nurses, pathologists, and non-clinical staff.
You will also bring:
- Support Experience either in a medical setting or a patient-facing role.
- Tech experience within a Catheter Lab will be highly regarded.
- Certificate III in Operating Theatre Technician Practice or equivalent will be highly regarded, though not essential.
The flexibility to work a rotating roster including evenings will be key to this role.
On offer is a PRO RATA annual salary of $57995.60 + Superannuation.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Peninsula Private Hospital is an acute emergency, surgical, medical, cardiac and obstetric facility located in the bayside suburb of Frankston in Melbourne's south east. Peninsula is currently undergoing development and expansion of its cardiac, medical, surgical, oncology and perioperative services, which will see the hospital grow from 272 beds to 341 beds by January 2020. The hospital currently accommodates a 14 bay emergency department, 160 medical and surgical, 36 cardiac, 11 ICU, 7 Neonatal, 14 Obstetric, and 33 Oncology beds which includes 10 day-infusion chairs. As a fully accredited health care facility we offer the highest standards of clinical care, patient service, and technology.
Peninsula Private Hospital provides an onsite 24/7 emergency service.
Benefits of employment at Peninsula Private:
- Extensive in-house general and specialty education programs supported by clinical educators
- Scholarships & Study Discounts
- Access to clinical, managerial and leadership programs.
- A doctor is on-site 24 / 7
- On-site ICU (11 beds)
- Part of the global Ramsay Healthcare Group
- Staff recognition and reward programs
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
- Employee Assistance Program
- Morning & afternoon tea provided
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and Working with Childrens Card/Check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Rachael Van Leeuwen on 03 9788 3682.